Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Boheme (the movie)
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
La Boheme (the movie)

Trailer here http://uk.filmtrailer.com/cinema/search/?q=La+boheme

First thing to say is that you don't have to be a huge fan of opera to enjoy this film...

For a start La Boheme itself is an opera pretty much anyone who simply appreciates 'nice music' can sit through. Couple this with some artistic filming and some rather amusing English subtitles and you have a very watchable film.

ANNA NETREBKO as Mimi and ROLANDO VILLAZON as Rodolfo were absolutely excellent and well supported by GEORGE VON BERGEN as Marcello and NICOLE CABELL as Musetta.

Indeed NICOLE CABELL's larger than life portrayal of Musetta also contributed well to the films lighter moments....

Space reserved for interesting fact.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2009, 04:20 AM
La Boheme (the movie)
Gneiss Wrote:Trailer here http://uk.filmtrailer.com/cinema/search/?q=La+boheme

First thing to say is that you don't have to be a huge fan of opera to enjoy this film...

For a start La Boheme itself is an opera pretty much anyone who simply appreciates 'nice music' can sit through. Couple this with some artistic filming and some rather amusing English subtitles and you have a very watchable film.

ANNA NETREBKO as Mimi and ROLANDO VILLAZON as Rodolfo were absolutely excellent and well supported by GEORGE VON BERGEN as Marcello and NICOLE CABELL as Musetta.

Indeed NICOLE CABELL's larger than life portrayal of Musetta also contributed well to the films lighter moments....

Hello Gneiss,

I am a big fan of operatic music as I have sang in many operas myself, Anna Netrebko has a fabulous singing voice and as a new starter on the British opera scene she will be popular for awhile yet. Sadly she will have to control what she says when speaking of English trained operatic singers and cross over classical artists otherwise her career could be cut short.

It is a great film and certaily one to get for the collection.

Maureen
Northern Angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2009, 07:03 PM
La Boheme (the movie)
Northern angel Wrote:Anna Netrebko has a fabulous singing voice
I'm seeing her live in May, so really looking forward to that...

She's currently performing a new production of Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor which is opening at the Met Opera tomorrow - I know this as I was looking at tickets for the live HD broadcast Cool Anyway it was well recieved back in Russia so it will be interesting to see the US reviews.

Space reserved for interesting fact.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your fave movie quotes... Coastie 10 1,670 06-12-2006 09:59 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Movie Review Query Engine gatubela 3 1,122 30-08-2006 09:06 PM
Last Post: HushTheVoices
  The Da Vinci Code - the movie! PJ 45 4,647 11-06-2006 11:54 AM
Last Post: PJ
  Movie Moments that make you Cry sayangmouse 18 2,297 04-10-2005 03:18 PM