Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladette to Lady
07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Ladette to Lady

I missed the first episode of this last Thursday but just caught the repeat on ITV2 at 11pm Tuesday. Anyone see it? It's absolutely maaaaaarvelous!

A bunch of drunken, mouthy, raucous, good-for-a-laugh young women are deposited (by parents or bosses, and a couple of them through volunteering) in an old-fashioned finishing school, to be dragged from the gutter. They're taught dress sense, deportment, cooking and hostessing, flower arranging, elocution, and so on, and assessed at every turn by their daunting set of tutors.

Each week one or two of them will be expelled, and the amazing thing is how much they all really want to stay - apart from the two most vocal rebels who were weeded out at the end of the first week.

The opening episode was great. The girls worked hard on Day One and impressed their tutors so much they were allowed out to the local village pub to relax and get to know one another. This proved to be a comical error of judgement on the part of the staff. Despite a chorus of good intentions and vows of best behaviour, as soon as the shot glasses appeared the girls became one and reverted to brilliant form. The locals couldn't believe their eyes and ears as the 21st Century invaded their little thatched cottage world!

Looking forward to the rest of this series.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Ladette to Lady
I saw them on GMTV the other day, Dabby and wanted to watch this. What time is it on on Thursday? ER's finished now, so I should be able to watch it.
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Ladette to Lady
9pm on ITV1 on Thursday, Patsy. Smile
08-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Ladette to Lady
I saw bits of the first one, I think I was chatting on here at the time. It was good, a sort of "My Fair Lady" kind of thing. Hope to catch the next one. Must look up when it's on. I thought I posted about it somewhere cos I said something like "silk purse and sow's ear" came to mind - maybe I said it in Chat - lol.

Edited to say: Oh thanks Dab :wink_kiss
08-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Ladette to Lady
Oh, I watched this last week and I quite enjoyed it! It was hilarous when they got the reward to go to the pub and as Dab says it did prove to be the comical error! This little middle-class village were appalled at the ladettes burping competitions!! Most of them really do want to change and are really working hard at it.

Some of the Hoorah Henry's could be doing with a lesson in coming back down to earth though!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Ladette to Lady
Apparently ITV executives are amazed at the instant popularity of this show - 5 million viewers for the first two episodes - and Egglestone Hall have been inundated with enquiries from women who want to take a real course.

It's in today's Times:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,...04,00.html
11-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Ladette to Lady
Watched Murphy's Law. Sorry, would like to see it. James Nesbitt, however, is somewhat more appealing to me.
11-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Ladette to Lady
Oh,I forgot all about this! I reckon I will be hooked though.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Ladette to Lady
This is compulsive veiwing, I caught the last few mins of the first episode and saw the whole of the second episode - dissecting scallops and boning quail is not a feat for the feint hearted or people who can just about boil a kettle - but they were great. They, as a whole, seem keen to learn new things - I love this programme.

Mrs Shrager and Mrs Hapgood [wassa name??] are hilarious, they did another programme recently on Channel 4 where they went to disruptive an dysfunctional families to teach them some manners - I think it was called 'Mind Your Manners' - that really was funny!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Ladette to Lady
Did anyone see the Final last night? They all still sounded dead common to me. I mean anyone can look posh in a ball gown but they were very clever indeed to have made them themselves. I couldnt believe how stupid the short haired one (Katie was it?) was to think she could revert to her old self in the local pub without being found out, it was pretty obvious it was to be some kind of test - doh!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  From Ladette to Lady Minklemar 3 1,071 23-10-2006 04:26 PM
Last Post: Minklemar