Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute shopping
19-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Last minute shopping

Why oh why oh why is it always last minute!:angry:
No matter how organised i think I am, I always end up running round town like a hare at the last minute. Last year it was up till crimbo eve, this year I hope to get it all wrapped up (not literally) today.
Thing is I only hve two presents left to get and the one person I thougt would be so easy to buy for is my Mum, she wants some black slippers with a 1 inch heal, easy I thought, but you can't get slippers with heels anymore it would seem.
Only place I have seen them is next online but I don't want to pay £3.50 delivery if they might not even get here on time.
Up until yesterday I was really enjoying my shopping trips as got some great presents and things just seemed to jump off the shelf, my youngest nephew loves horses, his first words were "naaay" and now nearly 3 he still loves them, I got him this hobby horse which nays and plays a galloping tune. I'm chuffed I found something like this and makes a change from DVD's.
Now all I have to hope for is that I find these bloomin slippers with heels, they have to be black too. My mum and her heels....Rolleyes
Is anyone else struggling?
Oh and quick question, does anyone know if the disney dressing up clothes they sell in big w and tesco are the same (quality style) as the ones that they sell in the disney store? I've seen a Peter Pan costume for £14.99 in Big W and my sis has seen one in disney store for £20, I think they'll be the same, but don't want to go out of my way to Disney store, so if anyone knows that would be a great help!

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Last minute shopping
I know exactly where you are coming from Bob, although I have to say that this year I actually was really organised and got it all done (and wrapped) weeks ago.

But in previous years I have found myself fighting through crowds right up until Christmas Eve and getting in a thoroughly bad mood about it!

The only thing that was different this year was that I actually had a reason (I thought) to start my Christmas shopping in September.

My sister lives in Dubai, so unless she is actually coming to the UK for Christmas, I am usually restricted to buying her stuff online that can be sent directly to her home. I don't get the choice of goods that I like, but its simply too expensive to buy the present of my dreams and post it over there.

But, this year she came over the the UK for a couple of weeks in September. So, I took the opportunity to buy Christmas presents for her and her husband thinking that she could take them back with her. it was so early that the shops weren't even selling Christmas wrapping paper!!!!

And, once I'd started the shopping, I just carried on bying for everyone else. I'd finished all my shopping by the start of November. ***Blows on fingernails and rubs against chest****

Unfortunately, the silly cow didn't leave enough room in her suitcase to bring all the presents back with her, so my cunning plan was almost foiled. :laugh: BUT....her husband came over on a business trip last week and took the stuff back with him! Good man!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
19-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Last minute shopping
I haven't started yet....

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
19-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Last minute shopping
Peej Wrote:I haven't started yet....

Peej - you're as bad as my brother! :ohmy: I had to buy Christmas presents for my sister and her husband and pretend they were from him, because he couldn't get organised enough to do it before Simon went back to Dubai. I'm having a bit of bother trying to get the money back fromhim too!

You'd better get a move on :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
19-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Last minute shopping
I hope to finish mine tomorrow!
19-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Last minute shopping
Bob - about the dressing up costumes. I have bought them from both the Disney store, M & S and Woolies in the past. And quite honestly, they are much of a muchness - with the Disney store coming out on top for authenticity, quality and most importantly COST!!!

Children grow out of stuff so quickly it really is not worth spending lots on dressing up stuff, we got Tiddles a Spiderman costume from M&S in the summer - it is now at least 6 inches too short for him!!

Oh and my shopping?? What shopping?? I have finished making everything! :cool2:
19-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Last minute shopping
I have 6 more presents to buy:

*A board game for a couple....
*Two books for another couple....
*An african metal lizard thing for my mate....
*Something mad for my other mate....
*Something for my 10yr old Niece...which will probably turn into cash in the card...she never knows what she wants and 10yr old girls don't want the same things I wanted when I was 10!

I shall be heading for Gunwharf Quays...destination unmissable tommorow straight after work! :wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Last minute shopping
Peej Wrote:I haven't started yet....

I'm a little more orginised than you then Peej, I made a start on my shopping today Huh

Live your days instead of counting your years...
20-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Last minute shopping
I found the slippers! Got them at next, they are a bit more fancy (sexy even) than I wanted and they cost way too much £16.99, but I went everywhere and these are the only pair I could find.

Flip, I managed to get to a disney store afterall and sure enough most of the costumes are of very similar quality, but the peterpan one inthe disney store is in fact much better fabric than the woolies one, but £5 more, the top half of the woolies one was almost paper like, the one in disney is felt, much more cosy on young skin, but I bought my niece a barbie swan lake dress from woolies last year for £15 and they had one in disney that was practically the same (had a few more layers) and it was £25 of course you are right, they grow out of them so quickly, it's handy if there are younger brothers or sisters, I got the older nephew buzz lightyear a few years ago and the younger one is now wearing it, but I don't think my sister wants any more boys, 3 is enough!
I've almost finished my shopping just got to for the newest family member, wee Charlie is 2 months old, somehow I don't think he'll mind too much what he gets, though I have to say I spent far too much time trying to find a toy for a 2 month old!, I think I'm just going to have to get him something cosy to wear.
Most of you seem quite organised, except PJ! How many are you buying for PJ?
Karen after reading your post you reminded me that I haven't sent a christmas card to my friends overseas (oops) I will now have to do it by e mail

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
20-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Last minute shopping
If anyone is really stuck for a present,I did this once very successfully for a friend.You know how there is always someone who just has everything?

I went into Boots (but any general store would do)and bought loads of individual items e.g.....a sachet of shampoo,travel size soap,a packet of Rennies,a rubber,a book of stamps,polo mints etc,etc.......you get the idea.

I then wrapped each one individually and put them all into a box suitably decorated with the words....For the man who has everything...NOW!!!

It was fun watching him unwrap all the silly items and he seemed really pleased with it. :holiday:

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us
To see oursel's as others see us!'' Robert Burns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christmas shopping experiences (sorry SF) tigger 25 1,796 21-12-2006 09:34 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Free Keyring For Shopping Trolleys Seabreeze 1 773 25-10-2006 06:11 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Next time you go shopping.... Andrea 9 1,472 24-10-2006 09:54 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Ever gone out foreign for Christmas shopping Aondeag 10 1,082 06-12-2005 10:45 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Clothes shopping: Do you do it with your partner? karenh 21 1,690 05-08-2005 07:30 PM
Last Post: karenh
  3 Minute Warning...... Coastie 20 1,504 07-03-2005 10:20 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Ebay and Shopping Channels Critique 9 942 14-02-2005 01:32 PM
Last Post: Flip
  On Line Shopping Dolores 13 1,355 23-11-2004 11:54 AM
Last Post: Tigereye