Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawless, staring Trevor Eve
09-11-2004, 02:38 PM

Fantastic :tv_happy: and disturbing too so I guess it wouldn't appeal to the sensitive types. It was fast paced and action packed. It's a two parter, if you missed lasts nights then borrow from someone who had the sense to tape it and don't miss tonight. Trevor Eve :wub: Oh yummy!

I don't know how the heck the team thought they could leave the murder scene without leaving any forensics though, I mean tape and water :wacko: analysts delight.
The female cop who was in on it, she just looks sooo hard, great casting.

Nice to see Trev back on Telly, even if it is as another cop

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2004, 03:13 PM
I watched this today and really enjoyed it, but I do like Trevor Eve so I guess anything he is in would be a delight!!!

I was a bit confused at bits as I could understand why Kinney was left off with murdering the policeman but how did he get off with murdering the little girl? He was clearly seen shooting her, with Trevor Eve as a witness and the little girls' friends and there would be no cross contamination of blood.....

.........And why did Trevor Eve run from the scene when he discovered his friend had been killed - why did he not tell the police that he had just turned up...........it obviously made him look like the killer when he drove around the streets of Newcastle like a maniac then jumped into the Tyne........

Still enjoyed it though and looking forward to tonight's episode.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
09-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Bella Wrote:I was a bit confused at bits as I could understand why Kinney was left off with murdering the policeman but how did he get off with murdering the little girl? He was clearly seen shooting her, with Trevor Eve as a witness and the little girls' friends and there would be no cross contamination of blood.....
Bella it's because of the way his clothes were transported. Although cross contamination was highly unlikely, it couldn't be ruled out. Identification of kinney by John (Trevor Eve) wasn't enough to base the case on, they didn't have any other evidence. I guess the little girls didn't see him as they had their backs to him. So although everyone knows it was him, they couldn't prove to a jury in a fair way that it was him. So he got off.
Gawd knows why he sped off like that when he fouind his mate dead. :wacko: panic? Why was he there? I actually thought that his mate had killed himself. But they said murder.
Can't wait for tonights.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
09-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Ah, thanks Bob........I guess he must have panicked, crikey I suppose I would have done the same if it was me!

09-11-2004, 07:08 PM
I nearly went to bed after Corrie and nearly forgot to watch this, depsite our appearance [hopefully in tonights epsiode] - but I am so glad I watched it - it is brilliant.

The darkness and new twists that keep turning up are unmissable, it is a bit disturbing - but I really really enjoyed it. I kept audibly gasping at different parts which amused my eldest - who is 'recieving so much 'respect' from the whole school' for appearing in it. [These are his words not mine]:laugh:

So who is the leak?? I am going for the Superintendant!!:dry:
09-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Flip Wrote:So who is the leak?? I am going for the Superintendant!!:dry:

I bet Jack will be very popular with the *ladies* at school!! I suppose it will be rather cool to hang out with a TV star!! :tv_happy:

Yeah, I am with you Flip, the superintendant or the guy from the Internal Office!

Was the whole thing filmed in Newcastle Flip? Isn't it exciting when there is something on TV that is in your home-town? Although you spend half the time trying to work out where it is!! I watched Trainspotting about 3 or 4 times before I eventually concentrated on the film! :blink:

10-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Jack was the only one of us who was seen - he walked into the cafe whilst Amy, Liz, Mark and Phil were discussing murdering John.

Well we were way off the mark with the Superintendent Bella - it was the pretty Liz afterall - who'da guessed?? Not me!

But what a great drama this was - I got really scared when the baldy one Phil, I think, was alone in his flat and was getting jumpy!! The tension was superb. Well done ITV.

And yes Bella - it was all filmed on location in Newcastle City Centre, the rough West End, some parts of the east end, Blyth and Cullercoats were also featured, as well as some parts of the posher suberb Jesmond.
10-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I saw Jack, Flip! Didn't we catch a little glimpse of you in the background, even though it was only your hair!?

I have to say I really did enjoy this programme and it gave a real insight to how the police are really only human. I mean, we all read the papers at the injustice when criminals get off on a techinicality and we get annoyed, but we forget to think how it must feel for the police who have *nutured* the case from the begining to see it all crumble, and then they have to just wait until he/she strikes again, obviously causing pain & suffering to another family.

I would have liked to have known why Liz Bird became corrupt though, why she deciced to change sides.

12-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Flip, did you get to meet Trevor Eve? :wub:
I messed up taping the second part of this, i timed it 900-9.30 instead of 10.30 :ohmy: but someone at work is going to lend it me. I did see the cafe scene but not you. Bummer when they cut you out isn't it?!