Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live 8
30-11-2005, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2005 02:39 PM by Woodstock.)
Live 8

I gather quite a lot of the people who use this forum would have seen at least something of this event during the summer. It was a little concert held in Hyde Park and organized by some peculiar chap by the name of Gandalf.

In all seriousness I actually enjoyed the tv coverage and thought it turned out far better than i expected it would. Some of the performances were outstanding, particularly Madonna (with those two amazing dancers in accompaniment), U2 (who kick-started the event), and I never thought I would ever say this but I also thought Robbie Williams performed really well. Along with a few other bands whose names escape me. The closing performance - "Hey Jude", which was a free-for-all was an emotional and perfect ending to a really perfect day. Loved it!

Well done Gandalf! - you did good.

Did anyone actually attend the concert? (I mean anyone from this forum - obviously there were thousands in attendance at the concert!) or watch the tv coverage and have similar or contrasting opinions to my own. Maybe you thought it eclipsed Live Aid from the 80's........or maybe you didn't......I'm not too sure but I think maybe it did in terms of overall quality of performance ( though in fairness I think the artists and groups that performed Live Aid were perhaps a little bigger and less obscure to the masses than those at the Live 8 gig - after all, we did have Look-in magazine etc. in those days to help us out)

.......and back then Gandalf was far more liberal with his swearing wasn't he......

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Live 8
I watched Live 8 all through. FRom about 6:00 at night all the way to 8:30 in the morning and I loved it. I may have dosed off a bit at times but it was great. I'm gonna buy the DVD of it for a little present for myself this christmas Tongue

Also, the little SMS ticker they had was very good but it did make you fall asleep if you decided to watch it for a few minutes... and belive me, I did watch it alot! Due to the fact that I sent in a message, well 4. One for each family member. I never saw my name though Sad

Back in the 80s my dad sat up and taped the whole Live Aid and we did watch a little bit of it the other day but not the whole thing. It did look very good and the performance Madonna did was excellent, as was the one she did earlier this year. But seeing the people that the TV hosts in Australia were interviewing between performances did make me feel sorry for them. They were pleading and they said that it would be fixed in the next few years, 20 years down the track the situation in Africa is still the same, perhaps worse...

Gandalf makes me laugh sometimes, just the way he talks and the words he decides to use Smile But he is very passionate about the people in Africa so that is a good thing I guess.

So that's all I have to say for now about the two concerts.
01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Live 8
I have only watch a bit of Live 8 (Missed Pink Floyd :angry: )

At the moment it's Live Aid 4 me, Queen's set was one of the best live performances ever, Freddie and the boys really rocked.

♪♪♪♪ If there´s a bustle in your hedgerow don’t be alarmed now. It´s just a spring clean for the May-Queen. Yes there two paths you can go by. But in the long run. There´s still time to change the road you´re on ♪♪♪♪ Smile :applause: ♪
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Live 8
I recorded the entire performance, firstly the UK (apart from a broken piece of coverage from some band named "Purple Revolver"?? due to my having to eject the tape and quickly, almost frenziedly, insert another blank tape) and then the US link up which followed. I'm looking forward to watching the coverage in its entirity twenty years into the future to make up for not being able to do the same with the Live Aid coverage (unless i go out and purchase the dvd - not the same really)

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An Audience with Take That - Live Patsy 21 1,987 12-12-2006 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Most Haunted Live - Halloween special PJ 6 1,113 01-11-2006 11:29 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  All New Cosmetic Surgery Live Pandora 28 4,972 17-03-2006 02:36 AM
Last Post: Northern angel