Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liz Hurely - Right or Wrong..
21-06-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:Liz Hurley has caused controversy by criticising big women who wear tight clothes.

The stunning 40-year-old - who recently launched her own line of beach wear - has stunned female critics after saying she would ban 'flab' when asked what fashion item she would be happy to never see again

The brunette beauty sniped to Britain's Times newspaper: "Anything that is too small or too tight, unless you're slim and toned.

"I'm sick of seeing flab bulging out all over".

The 'Austin Powers' actress, famed for her skimpy outfits, also warned fans not to wear short skirts, saying: "Bare legs in a mini-skirt can look dodgy at any age".
Furious critics have condemned her insensitive remarks as "appalling".

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about, she has made a remark that most of us would agree with.

I do agree that fat bulging over hipster jeans is not a pretty sight and that some women really should not wear mine-skirts, and I include myself in that catergory. I just don't have the legs for mini-skirts!

Has Liz's remarks been "appalling", or was she right to say what she said?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't say her remarks are "appalling" - they just reflect her opinion which she is entitled to have.

But I think those opinions say a lot about her......

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Well said, Karen.
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2005, 04:39 PM
karenh Wrote:I wouldn't say her remarks are "appalling" - they just reflect her opinion which she is entitled to have.

I totally agree!
21-06-2005, 05:44 PM
karenh Wrote:I wouldn't say her remarks are "appalling" - they just reflect her opinion which she is entitled to have.

yup!

This is the woman who was quoted as saying she would kill herself if she was as big as Marilyn Monroe ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
21-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Dolores Wrote:yup!

This is the woman who was quoted as saying she would kill herself if she was as big as Marilyn Monroe ...

Eeeeeee yikes did she really say that?? Does Liz not know that Marilyn was and probably still is one of the most iconic and beautiful women of all time?? Silly little mare!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

21-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I would have to agree with Bella...most of us would agree with her...or atleast make a similar comment at some point....the difference is that what we say isn't recorded and printed like for Liz and other celebs...so a comment like that sounds stronger than it really is IMO...it's just a comment...we all make comments that others often disagree with..
21-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Marilyn Monroe - big?!! :shocking: She had the classic hour-glass figure that most of us would die for!

I am taking it that Liz Hurley is talking about women who are very overweight but squeeze themselves into skimpy outfits, which is what I mean. I am not being fatist, as curvy figures should be shown off but not to the extent where the flab is bulging over. Anyone who watched The Grumpy Old Men Show will notice that it was very high on their lists of what they grumped about too!

I am not a huge Liz Hurley fan but I do think some of the things that have been quoted about her are a bit outrageous, I mean who can survive on 6 raisins a day!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Bella Wrote:I am taking it that Liz Hurley is talking about women who are very overweight but squeeze themselves into skimpy outfits, which is what I mean.

My point was that she thinks Marilyn Monroe is fat!!! I mean what scale does dear sweet Lizzy start at? Anyone over size 14 or size 16? what does she mean? and she said in your quote that she would ban flab --- not fat women in tight clothes.

I personally might say i would ban, "actresses" who can't act and girlfriend's who's boyfriends have to pay someone to give them a decent blow job!!!! :w00t:

(yow! that was below my flab congested belt even for me!!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
21-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Dolores Wrote:This is the woman who was quoted as saying she would kill herself if she was as big as Marilyn Monroe ...

... we can but hope.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user