Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Productions
12-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Local Productions

Does anyone here ever go to see their local productions - i assume acted by the amateur dramatics society ?

Where i live they have a new play on almost monthly, and from what ive heard they are quite good. At the moment they have 'Annie Get Your Gun'.

Im not sure if i would ever go or not. The only one i have been vaguely interested in was a Rendlesham UFO one which was acted in the forrest. It sounded kinda spooky as it was late at night.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Local Productions
Have been to a couple as my neice was often in them. Some are really good and are, IMO, worthy of the west end. Then again I`ve seen others that have been so bad it was really cringeworthy viewing.
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Local Productions
I think you kind of get to know which local societies are good and which are not. Sometimes, the rubbish ones are the funniest to watch.
12-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Local Productions
I've been to two pantomines at our local "theatre" (which seems rather a grand word for it actually!). Both were excruitingly boring and over long. it seemed that three actors had directed, produced and starred in it ... although there was a big cast of extras, surely some of them would have wanted to help out a bit?! It did all seem a bit cliquey, as next year the same people were the leads and the same people were the extras.

The funniest part was when my then three year old son heckled the cast when they introduced kids on the stage and one said "my name's Gemma" to which my son shouted out "Oh No it's not, you're not my cousin" ... several people tittered and in the confusion and surprise of hearing titters the four back rows managed to do a runner ... how we laughed ... I think you had to be there!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2006, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2006 02:27 AM by Northern angel.)
Local Productions
Yes, I love the theatre and theres no keeping me away. As a local singer and thespian I also enjoy performing for an audience. Some of the best audiences are those who go to see a show to enjoy it and not study it.

For the more serious singing I do the audiences are more discerning about the performances. The applause here does not necessarily mean the audience thoroughly enjoyed the performance, that can be subdued. However, if there are two curtain calls or more the opera was a success.

The most popular show of all in Newcastle is the yearly pantomine at the Theatre royal. this years Pantomine tickets are sold out already.

I see at least three dramas a year. Two musicals a year, two orchestral concerts a year, a ballet, an opera and also a pop concert or two. I also perform in an equal number of musical orientated shows in a professional capacity, courtesy of the musical management companies I have maintained links with over the years. the only thing I have to keep up is my yearly equity membership and musicians union subscriptions.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's on at your local Theatre? Coastie 40 8,479 14-06-2007 10:19 PM
Last Post: Rob