Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love At First Sight
09-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Love At First Sight

How did you get together with your beau (or ex if you were married once and not now). Was it love at first sight? Did you go weak at the knees? Or was it a slow process?

I knew Mr C for two years without ever thinking of him as a potential partner - in fact I thought he was gross! Blush But then I got to know him and he kind of grew on me (makes him sound like a fungus doesn't it?)

We started out as mates but then I realised I loved him and hated being away from him. And nearly five years later we are still together, and I miss chatting to him when he isn't here.

On the other hand, when I met my (ex) husband it was lust at first sight...but after a short period of intense infatuation I realised I had made a dreadful mistake!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Love At First Sight
Mr P and I were friends for years, very similar to you Ceri. Would never have dreamed I'd end up with him, let alone marry him. Never even fancied him. Still together after 16 years, 13 years married. We've never been gushing fountains and catherine wheels. We gel, dovetail if you like.
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Love At First Sight
I was at a club with another bloke saw Mr M, a friend of my brother, fancied him and the feeling was mutual so he took me home.

That was February, got engaged in April,married in November and first child was born in January.

Been together 35 years in November mostly happy had the usual ups and downs he's a bit controlling and I don't get to do everything I want to but I do still love him (well most of the time)
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Love At First Sight
The first time I saw Mr Bob something strange happened, I can't explain it, but I've never felt that way about anyone before. To look at he wasn't my type, but there was something about him. It was instant attraction.
I was running up the steps at uni to go in for my interview, he was running down the same steps. And that was it hooked. :wub:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
09-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Love At First Sight
Me and Mr. C (Mazwad's brother) met through a mutual friend. We were both recently divorced. We just kinda drifted together. I was 39 and he was 33 and I didn't really think we were suited but I didn't drive and he started giving me lifts and we went out together a few times. We spent more and more time together and he was stopping over at my place so much that it got to the stage where it seemed silly for him to keep his rented place on so he moved in with me.

I met all his big family and they all welcomed me and I suddenly had a big family (I only have a brother in Wales) and that was nice. It still felt very "temporary" but here we are 22 years later and still together.

We still don't have much in common but we have our separate interests and give each other freedom to do whatever we want.

I know I couldn't have got through the dark days without his support. I must have been hell to live with and nobody would have blamed him for walking away from it but he not only stuck it out, he was a rock.

I don't really analyse our relationship, it just seems to work. We rarely have rows. We have the usual disagreements at times but nothing major.

The only thing I have learned from being married or living together is that when I was married I always felt that the things my husband did seemed to reflect on me. I felt like everyone was thinking "and you married this plonker?"
whereas, despite being together all this time, I don't feel personally responsible for any of his actions.
10-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Love At First Sight
I am intrigued by Bob's post....how did you end up together just by passing each other on a stairwell??! :unsure:

And there are plenty of others who haven't come forward....please do, I really enjoy reading your love stories! :wub:
10-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Love At First Sight
I actually met Mr tiggs whilst I was married to my ex. It wasn't love at first sight, we just became really good friends. I divorced my ex about a year later in January and it was just WOW! the feelings just came in for both of us. We were apart until March 23rd as we were in different States in the USA. We came together in North Carolina on that date and were married four weeks later. So in essence, we only dated for four weeks, but we had been friends for so long. He is the love of my life and I wouldn't change him for the world. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Love At First Sight
It was fireworks and fountains at first sight for us, actually, but it took us a while to overcome our distance and get together. We worked in different departments of the same organisation. I was in full rut at the time, strutting my stuff in conquering hero mode, and the future Mrs Dab was quiet and self-contained - definitely not part of my loud crowd. In retrospect, we each thought the other was out of our league. (But we only admit that now. :laugh: ) We kept looking, though, and after a few weeks we both made our move at the same time.
10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Love At First Sight
Ceridwen Wrote:I am intrigued by Bob's post....how did you end up together just by passing each other on a stairwell??! :unsure:

And there are plenty of others who haven't come forward....please do, I really enjoy reading your love stories! :wub:

I stalked him until he grabbed me in a lift one day and snogged me

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Love At First Sight
Oh I love this thread! dab I think your story sounds wonderfully romantic and we'd like to here more...and Bob yours sounds like a smutty novel so we DEFINITELY need the details! :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  True Love Slipper 3 1,478 30-11-2008 11:10 PM
Last Post: ~ils~
  Jennifer Love Hewitt Wallpapers uhq x8 pics celebs 5 1,615 03-08-2007 09:21 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Dont you just love it when....... Groucho 1,676 51,247 26-07-2007 06:39 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  Love or Lust claire 131 9,996 16-06-2007 08:01 AM
Last Post: Isis
  love you ... bye Dolores 14 2,599 13-06-2007 06:21 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  I Love This Goodbye Story Slipper 4 1,391 10-01-2007 12:59 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  DYJLIW & DYJHIW - when you love & hate it in one! ils 250 11,184 12-11-2006 08:46 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Literary characters: Who do you love / most identify with? karenh 29 3,879 13-10-2005 10:21 AM
Last Post: karenh
  Sayings that people LOVE... Aondeag 16 2,549 31-08-2005 07:25 PM
Last Post: jaycee
  what increases the potency of a coastie love puff? tonee 8 1,617 15-07-2005 08:20 PM
Last Post: tonee