Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magazine Review
25-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Magazine Review

Thought I would start this thread in the book thread (nearest relation). I read Oprah's mag this month for about the second time - very expensive here. However, I thought it was really good, there was an article in it by John Kennedys cousin that is so moving. Some interesting and entertaining sections.
What do you read and what's it like?

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Magazine Review
The only mags i tend to read are Star Magazine, which comes out weekly on a Tuesday - and Ideal Home magazine which is a monthly. I have over the last couple of weeks bought OK magazine just to laugh at Jordans wedding :laugh:

I used to be a magazine junky and bought about 10 a week ...... but that was in the heady days of working in London when i had money !!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Magazine Review
I enjoy Total Film and on occasion buy Empire aswell (I prefer TF as the Empire critics seem so far up their own backsides sometimes!)

Love reading eth reviews about the up coming movies....keeps me out of mischief for a while!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
25-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Magazine Review
I buy Private Eye religiously and Time if there's something that looks interesting.

Q for music; Red, Eve and Marie Claire for girly stuff. Plus others if the free gift seems worth it :laugh:

Hello is a great laugh, but not enough to pay for, but I sulk in the hairdresser's if it's not available.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
25-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Magazine Review
I don't buy any magazine, I just flick through Hello and Ok when I am at the hairdressers.
25-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Magazine Review
I only have one dire magazine addiction and that is Vanity Fair. It has really awesome indepth, sometime scathing articles and I learn alot about stuff I really didn't know after I've read it. Sometimes I buy our version of 'OK', but only if I'm desperate for something to read. Oh, I also have to read this magazine called 'Mental Floss'. It has all this wild information and articles in it, but very stimulating for the brain. I'm checking out a magazine that is online from the referral of a good source and will report if I like it. I took a peek and think I will though. (thanks f) :laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
26-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Magazine Review
What kind of people have monthly subscriptions to 'Home and Garden' and the like.....surely these are mags that only have to be bought once or twice when your decorating but whenever I spend time in a waiting room there are always a years supply of the things sat on the table!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Magazine Review
My aunt for one Blush

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
26-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Magazine Review
Fee For All Wrote:My aunt for one Blush

Oooo ooo I don't believe you just let us all in on that little secret! Can you quiz her and ask her why she buys them? Go on I dare ya!

26-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Magazine Review
Coastie Wrote:What kind of people have monthly subscriptions to 'Home and Garden' and the like.....surely these are mags that only have to be bought once or twice when your decorating but whenever I spend time in a waiting room there are always a years supply of the things sat on the table!

As mentioned above, i buy Ideal Home magazine. I do buy it for ideas on how to decorate my home, but i love being able to look into peoples homes, and to see what lovely jems the shops stock on a budget. Its just an addiction i suppose.

One magazine i bought last month - which i really enjoyed was Top Sante. It was full to bursting with articles, tips, letter, fashion etc and it was the best maggy i have read in ages.

I will definately buy that again.

Its weird how tastes in magazines change. It doesnt seem that long ago that i loved Cosmo, but not all that talk of sex, betrayal, masturbation, threesomes is very tiresome now. I wish they could occasionally find something else to talk about. I havent bought this magazine for about 5 years now.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Beach - bookclub review Dolores 10 1,646 20-06-2005 07:28 PM
Last Post: Cat