Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mah Jong
10-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Mah Jong

I am fanatical about this, but I am talking about the real game, not the patience version that seems to be everywhere now. Does anyone know where I can find a good one for download or purchase? I have the proper game, bought in Singapore, but have no one to play it with here in the UK, it is the best fun in the world!

I am even happy to try it online! :sad:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Mah Jong
Well done you for learning the rules! Smile

I got a book on Mah Jong once - on the back it said that I could learn the rules in an hour. Riiiiiiiiiiight...

I gather it's fantastically popular with Chinese people. I've never yet seen an electronic version though. Best of luck!

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Mah Jong
me ma and pa love it too!! especially my mother. i personally dont get it, and i cant be arsed learning either! but yes hugely popular with chinese housewives!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Mah Jong
kookycat Wrote:me ma and pa love it too!! especially my mother. i personally dont get it, and i cant be arsed learning either! but yes hugely popular with chinese housewives!

Well!! I used to take 8 kids per session aged 9+ for classes on Mah Jong, and after an hour lesson they had the basics of it. They absolutely loved it, and we had a round robin club (your house or mine) of all ages to make a night of it - and a few early mornings too!

A Mah Jong table, a few bevvies, some good music and nibbles, and the next thing you know it's 6am! Huh

It is a bit like Bridge in that it can be complex, and the Western Version of the game does leave you needing a 'crib sheet' to work out the hands. The Chinese version is very fast and a lot more basic - you need a quick mind for that one! :blink:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~