Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malcolm Glaser vs Man Utd
13-05-2005, 11:10 AM

ooooo I love a bit of intrique and boycotting.

Manchester United and Malcolm Glaser locked in battle!

I am honestly finding this all so amusing, I cannot see what the fans problem is. The club was owned by say 8 people now it is owned by 3 people with a majority shareholder in the guise of Malcolm Glaser.

Why are they so against him?? I just don't understand, he is in it to make money, they are in for the footy [and those with shares - to make money] - so they seem to have the same end goal. The more money the club pulls in the better the football, the more money ad infinitum. So why are the fans complaining??

Seems to me like cutting their noses off to spite their faces - which is just a very silly, childish attitude to take.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I haven't really read much about this but the little I have picked from the tv is that it seems he is going to use Manchester Utd's asset's to pay off his debts he will of accrued for his take over bid, so therefore stripping the club of it's wealth. So that will mean less money to spend on strengthening the team, higher admission and increased merchandising prices for the fans.

So if this is the case I can see why the fans are so upset!
13-05-2005, 12:03 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I haven't really read much about this but the little I have picked from the tv is that it seems he is going to use Manchester Utd's asset's to pay off his debts he will of accrued for his take over bid, so therefore stripping the club of it's wealth. So that will mean less money to spend on strengthening the team, higher admission and increased merchandising prices for the fans.

So if this is the case I can see why the fans are so upset!

Thats how i understand it too. I dont know anything about football, but i think his motives were purely selfish and not for the love of the team.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
13-05-2005, 02:27 PM
.........so the fans pay more but I bet the footballers won't get a cut in their salaries!

It is all money, money, money, I mean what other possible interest could an American have in a football club?!!!

Me, I am just upset that wee John Robertson got given his marching orders at Hearts - it was an absolute disgrace! Gone are the days when managers were managers and the board just kept their mouths shut!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-05-2005, 02:52 PM
As a "Reds" supporter of nigh on twenty years, I've seen it all. I was present at the 4-1 demolishing of Arsenal (irrelevant to the momentous event which preceded the match but worth a mention all the same!), and along with 45,000 other supporters, witnessed the now infamous Michael Knighton "takeover" announcement prior to kickoff, when he cleverly juggled the ball up to the penalty area and belted it into the goals. Only days later, it was discovered that he never even had the financial means to run the club, and surprise surprise....it fell through. (still have the match programme from that day and i believe it is now worth approximately £75,000, and counting...........well, so i wish anyway.....)

However, I really could not give two beans or even a monkeys whether or not he's American or business oriented (well, of course he's business oriented! - he's a fecking businessmen ffs!) Yes, he may look like Johnny McCrirrick's long lost twin, but as long as my team continues to be successful (or is it "starts to be"??) and he doesn't completely screw up the infrastructure of this club then why should it interest me? Why should it be of any real concern to any other supporter similar to myself? It shouldn't. If it means we will see better quality players coming into the team then i shall have no complaints whatsoever. If it means no more terrible transfer dealings such as these......

*Eric Djemba-Djemba (now Aston Villa)
*Diego "one goal in forty" Forlan (now somewhere in Spain)
*Kleberson (oh my God! - he's still at OT.....how??.....why??....)
*Tim Howard (still f**king things up in goal)
*Louis Saha (has he played for us yet Sir Alex??)

....if it means no more of that, then teriffic - welcome on board Glazer. Just don't mess it up pal, please.

I did notice a banner on a news report the other day. It read as follows....

Mancs, but no Yanks.

Whoever it was who thought that up is a genius. Absolutely brilliant!! But we must give him a chance. He's here now and there's nothing we can do about it but watch cautiously, and hope that the trophy cabinet starts filling up once more with "proper" silverware. ie; Premiership & European.

He's nothing if not determined. Give the fella a chance. Businessmen don't invest in dead ducks. Failure for the team equals failure for himself.

And, Without him, I don't really believe we could compete with Chelsea any longer. He has to be given a chance. There is no choice really.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user