Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malice Aforethought
10-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Malice Aforethought

I really didn't want to watch this, as I remember with great fondness the original Malice Aforethought with Hywell Bennett playing Dr. Bigley - but it was on tonight [it still is actually] and I am loving it.

Ben Miller is playing a lovely [well?] Dr. Bigley and the costumes and period features are great. I thought I could remember the story - but on watching I realise I have forgotten it all - so I am happy to watch tonight and see part 2 tomorrow night.

Anyone else watching?

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Malice Aforethought
Flip Wrote:Anyone else watching?

No, Flip. It was a toss up between this and Air Force One... Mrs Dab has custody of the remote control... Harrison Ford isn't in Malice Aforethought... fait accompli... :wink2:
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Malice Aforethought
Flip Wrote:Anyone else watching?

I was going to, until I saw a trailer. It just didn't look my cup of tea so I didn't bother.
10-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Malice Aforethought
dab Wrote:No, Flip. It was a toss up between this and Air Force One... Mrs Dab has custody of the remote control... Harrison Ford isn't in Malice Aforethought... fait accompli... :wink2:
Surprisingly, Mr P had our remote Rolleyes and so it was Air Force One all the way (which was rather good, I hadnt seen it before), however I recorded Malice, as it looked - as you say Flip - blummin good !

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
11-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Malice Aforethought
Well I made a humdinger of a mistake - cos I will have to watch part 2, but then isn't Casanova on BBC1 tonight??

And if I watch Malice Aforethought, Mr F isn't going to get to see his beloved 24 - so I think I will have to tape it, watch Casanova and then get round to watching it sometime.

And double blast cos I didn't realise Air Force 1 was on t'other side!!

11-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Malice Aforethought
Flip Wrote:And double blast cos I didn't realise Air Force 1 was on t'other side!!

Don't worry - Harrison won in the end.
11-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Malice Aforethought
We watched it Flip and really enjoyed it!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Malice Aforethought
I watched this last night and thought it was great! Can't wait for Part II tonight.

It even managed to keep Mr H watching, and he has the attention span of a gnat. He can manage half hour comedy shows or short sketches, but a feature length drama (especially a "period" one) will normally knock him out like morphine.

But....he enjoyed this!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
11-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Malice Aforethought
Flip Wrote:Well I made a humdinger of a mistake - cos I will have to watch part 2, but then isn't Casanova on BBC1 tonight??

And if I watch Malice Aforethought, Mr F isn't going to get to see his beloved 24 - so I think I will have to tape it, watch Casanova and then get round to watching it sometime.

And double blast cos I didn't realise Air Force 1 was on t'other side!!

Flip, 24 was on last night which is why we didn't watch it, but we have taped it but I will also need to tape it tonight as ER is on Channel 4!! Where would we be without VCRs?!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Malice Aforethought
Bella Wrote:Flip, 24 was on last night which is why we didn't watch it, but we have taped it but I will also need to tape it tonight as ER is on Channel 4!! Where would we be without VCRs?!!
Shhhh Bella don't tell Mr F!!

I am very surprised that they have changed the days cos he always watches 10 - 11 on a Monday night!! But shhh if you say nothing then I won't either!! he he!!