Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mallicious call
07-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Mallicious call

Rothera and i have been living at our flat for less than a year with our young daughter and a while back we had a call from someone saying that She'd kicked their dog, it was a totally rediculous acusation as Tilly couldn't exactly move far then so we laughed off this prank call and put it down to kids mucking around.
About half an hour ago the (about 11:50pm) phone rang and it was an asian sounding gent telling me my six month old daughter had crawled onto their property and kicked their dog, i told him he was being stupid and hung up.
He rang up again about three times stating the same thing, and we were getting a bit more upset, mostly because Tilly wasn't well and had woken up crying and screaming because she has a nasty cough and cold at the moment....just our luck to get maximum stress Sad

Not sure weather to dismiss this or weather to get in touch with BT, who i feel would actually not be much help.
I have suspicions who it could be but they're really unfounded and i just can't go round pointing the finger at people, the thing that worries me is that i feel it's someone that knows us, as they know the number, and they know we have a kid....it's really upsetting me and making me feel very angry!!!!

Just hope i can get to sleep now, not easy when i feel so really ****ed off:mad2: :cry: :angry: :wallbash:

[Image: atom.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Mallicious call
Oh ziller - that's horrible. I'd definitely contact BT about it though and get the b@stards stopped.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Mallicious call
Fee For All Wrote:Oh ziller - that's horrible. I'd definitely contact BT about it though and get the b@stards stopped.

Hi Fee, Yeah probably will, it's not like they said anything especially nasty, just that it's them fecking with us and possibly knowing us, i think i'm safe in saying that as a family we're pretty harmless so i have no idea why someone is doing this.
I'm off to bed anyway, hopefully i'll get onto it tomorrow.

07-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Mallicious call
Oh Ziller, I feel for you.
What an awful thing to happen.
I hope you get things sorted.:hug:
As Fee says, I'd get in touch with BT and get it stopped.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Mallicious call
Ziller, I'd get in touch with the telephone company anyway...they have to be able to do SOMETHING. Do y'all not have caller ID?? We have it but the phone has to ring 2X for it to show up and sometimes if you don't have this feature, they have a *69 thing where it gives you the last number called. Of course this is all Colonist info...but I'd even call and make a police report b/c of the harrassment. I had a little girl call one night and she forgot to 'block' her number (another thing we can do as well), and she was making the most nasty comments...I said "Miss XYZ can I speak to your Mother or Father?" She goes "...ummmmm, my Mom's at Bible Study and my Dad's at the hospital visiting a sick church member." She was a preacher's daughter, about 10-12 yrs. old. I told her I was calling her mom and dad back later, gave her the most "Mommiest" lecture I could...then I forgot to call her parents, but I bet she didn't make anymore prank calls or learned to block her number!!:devil:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
08-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Mallicious call
Make sure you keep a note of the time of all the calls and what was said. This information will help BT and the police if they become involved. Don`t just sit back though as the others have said, get on to BT straight away.
08-10-2006, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2006 08:29 AM by survivorfan.)
Mallicious call
If they call you again, why not tell them you'd like to see them and discuss it with them. Ask them who they are and where they live and say you'd like to visit them so they can explain it all to you. If the call is a prank you'll soon know. By the way, did you try 1471 to see where they were calling from?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
08-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Mallicious call
many years ago my flat mate and me got some nasty phone calls in the early hours of the morning.

It was a bloke saying he knew where we lived and he was going to hurt us ... pretty scary stuff esp at 2am when it's all dark. At first we thought it was our mate, Brad, being stupid, but he said I'm not Brad, I'm not a friend of yours ...

we contated BT and got our telephone number changed straight away and never engaged in any conversation with the person when they did phone, I've been ex-directory ever since.

it is unpleasant but try to think of the person on the other end as a sad inadequate with no life.

I hope it stops.
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Mallicious call
That sucks Z, usually you can get your number changed for free if you get these type of calls, but it's a nusisance having to change it. Presumably you don't give out your number to that many people so maybe the caller knew the previous owners (if they had the same number) and it's not really aimed at you - doesn't make it any less annoying though!
08-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Mallicious call
****!!! just wrote a load of stuff and the computer vanished it, sometimes i hate tech:evilmad:
Anyway, the jist of what i said was that we'll think about getting our number changed, and if it get's any worse we'll get BT and the police involved.
BT's website basically says to log the calls and whats said, keep calm, and not to give out information about yourself, and other good advice.
Thanks for all the advice guys though, it's nice to have supportSmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why don't they call back Dolores 10 983 21-03-2005 10:45 PM
Last Post: Cockney