Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medium (BBC2 Tuedsay nights)
15-09-2005, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2005 03:28 PM by Minklemar.)

A new series called Medium started on BBC2 last Tuesday night ..... I think it started at 11pm. Did anyone else see it?

The main character, Alison, is played by Patricia Arquette. She's an intern at a law firm. She can see things that people have done....and she can see dead people.

It had a good write up in the paper so I watched the first episode....and it was really good. I taped the second episode this week to watch at the weekend.

I think it's going to be a really good series.

Edited cos it's on BBC1, not 2 as I first said!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I watched the first one Minks and really enjoyed it ... although i found it hard to stay awake :unsure:

I completely forgot about it this week though - and feel really gutted. I dont know if its going to be repeated anywhere at all.

The reason i like it is because it doesnt just focus on her medium skills, but on the effect those skills have on her family.

I will definately try and remember to catch this next week.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2005, 09:43 AM
It's on a bit late for me too Bonny!!

The bit with the Texas rangers made me laugh....I'll be watchin ep2 this weekend.
I have it on DVD if you want me to send it to you once I've watched it?
15-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Minklemar Wrote:I have it on DVD if you want me to send it to you once I've watched it?

Thanks for the offer Minks - but maybe, if I need to know something special for the continuation of the storyline, you could PM me and let me know. Then hopefully ill be able to catch up next week.

Thanks for the thought though - tis appreciated Blush

15-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Bonsai Wrote:Thanks for the offer Minks - but maybe, if I need to know something special for the continuation of the storyline, you could PM me and let me know. Then hopefully ill be able to catch up next week.

Thanks for the thought though - tis appreciated Blush

I'll report back on Monday after I've watched the ep!
19-09-2005, 03:33 PM
This weeks episode was good....not as good as the first one, but still quite good.

Alison was asked by the DA to help choose the jury for a case where they wanted the death penalty to be the result - which she did and knew all sorts of things about the people she was choosing from. Her choices were different from the person who's job it usually is to recommend jurys and of course they turned out to be the right choices. The got the death penalty verdict, but then Alison caught a glimpse of the guy being led out of court and it wasn't the same man in her dreams....so she thought the wrong man was convicted...but it turned out the face she had in mind was from the front of the menu is a restaurant she'd been to a lot recently, so it all turned out ok.

There was a lot of friction between her and her husband this week - he doesn't much like her gift and while she thinks that what she sees is always right...he thinks it's just dreams and she can be wrong sometimes....I see the road getting rocky for them!!
19-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks Minks - im looking forward to seeing this tomorrow :thumbsup:

28-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Last nights show was excellent. Did you see it Minks ? I felt sorry for her when she was trying to explain to the red haired girl not to get into a strangers car in about 7 years time. The girl thought she was a nut case :shocking: I wonder if she will remember the encounter though - and not get into the car in the future ?

28-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Bonsai Wrote:Last nights show was excellent. Did you see it Minks ? I felt sorry for her when she was trying to explain to the red haired girl not to get into a strangers car in about 7 years time. The girl thought she was a nut case :shocking: I wonder if she will remember the encounter though - and not get into the car in the future ?

I recorded it so me and Mr M can watch it together at the weekend (if I can hold out till then Smile )
28-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Minklemar Wrote:I recorded it so me and Mr M can watch it together at the weekend (if I can hold out till then Smile )

OOOpppps sorry - ive just spoilt it for you :bag:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Smith - ITV4 - Tuesday Nights Coastie 2 869 04-04-2007 10:48 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays Dolores 12 2,414 25-10-2006 12:24 PM
Last Post: Minklemar
  Extras - Series 2 (Thursday, 9pm, BBC2) PJ 33 3,548 15-10-2006 10:05 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Q.I. - Friday evenings, BBC2. Pandora 28 2,129 17-10-2005 04:36 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  'Help' - New BBC2 comedy series Voice of reason 6 964 06-03-2005 10:41 PM
Last Post: Voice of reason