Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memo to men in the Gym
03-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Memo to men in the Gym

I was just thinking about the memo to women in the gym while I was working up a sweat in the gym (just had to put that bit in as I am proud of myself for going). I realised that men may also need a few hints on appropriate behaviour.

1. Looking at yourself in the mirror while pushing weights will not make your muscles grow.
2. Only pushing weights on your top half will result in big arms and little legs.
3. It is really not necessary to go back to mirror after pushing weights, your body will still be present.
4. Please do not adjust yourself obviously.
5. Don't worry the mirror will still show your reflection.

Any other pet hates about men in the gym girls...........
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
6. The sweat you leave on the gym equipment will not magically disappear....take a small towel and wipe it up!

7. The gorgeous woman who walks in in her figure hugging lycra gear is perfectly capable of working the equipment without your assistance...how do you think she got that figure in the first place!

8. Women are not impressed when you follow another man onto a piece of equipment and make a show of upping the weights one bar....you just look desperate!

9. Medallions displayed on hairy chests went out with the Village People!

10. If you simply bench press hour upon hour you will end up looking like a chest bound freaky gimp......remember to work the back muscles in equal measure!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
11. Sitting on the chest press and talking to your mate while occasionally doing the odd press does not constitute a workout.

12. Talking in a very loud voice does not make you appear hard, just a bit of a ****.

13. Running on the treadmill in such a manner that your feet slap down really hard and loud with your headphones on and music clearly booming out of them will not result in any additional cardiovascular fitness.

14. It is not actually part of the exercise to grunt loudly every single time you do a rep.
03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
What is a gym?? I keep hearing this word being mentioned.....Shuld I be doing something I'm not? :bag:
03-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
No its something you need to avoid doing, unless its the beginning of january, then you join one, go for a week and that burns off the christmas spread and then you don't go until next year.
03-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
Coastie Wrote:7. The gorgeous woman who walks in in her figure hugging lycra gear is perfectly capable of working the equipment without your assistance...how do you think she got that figure in the first place!

It's sooo true, I have this problem all the time... well not in reality obviously Big Grin

Gel x
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Memo to men in the Gym
I take issue with one aspect of this whilst generally agreeing with the overall. :smartie:

A mirror is a necessity when throwing heavy weights around for a purpose. Guys weight train properly to increase the size of their muscles, noone is hiding that. Looking at your pump in the mirror is feedback and a check to ensure that symmetry is been achieved. If you have just nearly killed yourself with 10 barbell curls that you body did not want to do it is natural to want to see the results in the mirror.

Anyone who goes to the gym and does not want to regularly check progress in the mirror is a big fat liar.

The bit about the upper body is oh so true and Simon Cowell in trunks is a warning to all men.

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
But its the wife/ girlfriends job to check on fitness progress, if you do it yourself its vanity. I don't star in the mirrors (normally because I have a big red face) in the gym and only occasionally will look at home when I have an outfit on thats slimming.
05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
Ewww yeah, I agree, I've seen myself in gym mirrors and it's not a pretty sight. Red doesn't even begin to cover it...

Gel x
05-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Memo to men in the Gym
Actually you should use a tape measure to check progress... :bag: The main reason for a mirror in the gym is for instructional purposes...it's so the instructor can show the correct use of free weights - back straight, bending in the rioght places etc...the trainee is then able to perform the action in front of the mirror and with the intrustiors assistance see for them selves if the are doing it correctly. They are not for posing! Trust me...many years spent teaching in such places taught me this!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Memo to Women in the Gym... isleofweather 17 2,624 27-06-2005 05:19 PM
Last Post: Flip