Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midsomer Murders.
03-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Midsomer Murders.

Hello survivors,

Mm, murder mystery, suspense. OOO I like it.

Detective programmes I have always liked, Morse was my favourite.

Midsomer Murders comes a close second. :devil:

But and its a big but....

:argue: How many residents are there left in Midsomer Meadows?

YES HOW MANY RESIDENTS ARE THERE LEFT IN MIDSOMER MEADOWS?

Everytime the programme comes on there could be 2 to 4 four murders in each one.

Amazing that there are still just enough left to carry on murdering? :wink2:

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Midsomer Murders.
lol! There must be alot of sex going on! :laugh:
03-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Midsomer Murders.
i have to say I've never watched MSM ... but I have heard Terry Wogan taking the michael out of it on radio so I feel like I've watched it!

According to him if a well known actor turns up in the cast as a guest then he's the one what done it ... I'd say that pretty much sums up the plot.

I was always a fan of John Nettles way way way back when he was Sandra's (Nerys Hughes) boyfriend in the Liver Birds!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Midsomer Murders.
I have seen a couple of these but they are a little too slow for me. I loved John Nettles in Bergerac but these are just to far fetched for my liking.
03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Midsomer Murders.
I watched last nights Midsomer Murders and Terry Wogan was wrong !!!! June Whitfield was the "Big" star in the show last night and she didnt do it ! lol.

As everyone has mentioned, this really IS half an hour too long. It certainly dragged last night and the plot was so confusing and convoluted it was difficult to keep up. You always know when the plot is confusing when one of the cops says, "so you mean to tell me that the forgery wasnt a forgery and that X's brother in laws sister's aunt's cousin was the murderer?" just in case millions of us out there are sitting, scratching our heads.
[/font]
John Nettles is excellent in the show (and still pretty hot for his age), but his sidekick, Sergeant Scott is badly cast. I know that Troy was hard to replace, but they couldve at least got someone who could (a) act and (b) change the expression on his face once in a while.

As I write this, Ive remembered seeing an article in the TV Times saying that Sergeant Scott wont be in Midsomer Murders much longer as Barnaby is to get a new side kick. Hooray !!

One other thing - I wish they'd kill off Barnaby's wife - I cant stand her pokey face and whingeing.
[font=Century Gothic]
03-10-2005, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2005 03:41 PM by Tigereye.)
Midsomer Murders.
NA -love john nettles and this too.

Midsummer is the name of the county, Misummer meadows is just one of loads of villages / small towns in it. i.e. Midsummer Dales, Midsummer Proctor 'sp?], Midsummer broads etc.... :thumbsup:

agree the death rate is a bit severe tho!! :laugh:

and pan - yeh, I assumed June woz gonna be involved some way or other - maybe the writers been reading here and listening to Tel!!

Dunno if I was tired and emotional when I watched last night, but the decapited body had me scratching my head [hah] as I couldn't figure out who tf he was.

too many characters I thought.

and if we're killing off Barabys wife, can we lose drippy daughter too? she has the voice and charm of a sloth in pain....

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Midsomer Murders.
Never seen Midsommer Murders. I prefer Taggart myself, love the hard-hitting Glasgow banter and John Michie is rather nice to drool over! :naughty:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
03-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Midsomer Murders.
Tigereye Wrote:NA -love john nettles and this too.

Midsummer is the name of the county, Misummer meadows is just one of loads of villages / small towns in it. i.e. Midsummer Dales, Midsummer Proctor 'sp?], Midsummer broads etc.... :thumbsup:

agree the death rate is a bit severe tho!! :laugh:

and pan - yeh, I assumed June woz gonna be involved some way or other - maybe the writers been reading here and listening to Tel!!

Dunno if I was tired and emotional when I watched last night, but the decapited body had me scratching my head [hah] as I couldn't figure out who tf he was.

too many characters I thought.

and if we're killing off Barabys wife, can we lose drippy daughter too? she has the voice and charm of a sloth in pain....

Oooh yes the drippy daughter is a pain !! Cully ! Wotta name.

As for the decapitated motorcyclist - it was the man who bought all the box files at the auction at the beginning - the one that found the musical manuscript and was trying to sell it. Large fellow, in his sixties, grey hair, big tweed suit, large whiffly moustache....... no head.... you remember him.... lol ! :laugh:

Like you say, there were far far too many characters in it last night and to be honest, the storyline wasnt up to its usual sharpness. Ill still keep watching though.

For those still confused - MIDSOMER is the county and the small picturesque villages within it are Badgers Drift, Midsomer Meadow, Midsomer Worthy etc.... and probably loads more to come.

The morgue must be permanently full ! :bored:
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Midsomer Murders.
Ive never seen this show, but its one of my mums fav's. I prefer Inspector Frost myself.

The one detective i could never stand was Poirot. He irritated me.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
03-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Midsomer Murders.
Bonsai Wrote:The one detective i could never stand was Poirot. He irritated me.

Oh, that's Mr B's favourite! Although what he likes about it is era that it is set in.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT