Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistaken Identity.
24-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Mistaken Identity.

I thought I would share my recent case of mistaken identity.

A few weeks ago I was shopping in Tesco's and spied a pack of 18 Cumberland sausages (Billfields) for £1.59 BARGAIN AHOY!...so I bought 3 packs, the Cat household are a sausage loving family. They were bloomin gorgeous, I boasted about them as we tucked in that evening - "Arn't these sausages lovely Mr Cat, only £1.59 for 18, they truly are a find".

The next week I returned especially to loaded my trolly with more of this meaty find just in case the offer finished - to date we have probably eaten about 6 packs - even took one to Centre Parcs.

Yesterday I took a packet out of the freezer to defrost and for the first time properly read the packaging...Price £4.69 and in a star burst "Equivalent to £1.59 per llb".

Silly me.

Have you experienced a case of Mistaken Identity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Mistaken Identity.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My best one was being stopped by the police for speeding. I hadn't long passed my test and I was devastated as I was in my brand new company car.

Anyway, I had been unsure about my speed because the speedo had been flickering quite a lot, so I explained this to the nice traffic cop. He gave me one of those looks and asked me to show him.

And that's how I discovered rev counters. Blush

They let me off.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Mistaken Identity.
Cat Wrote:I thought I would share my recent case of mistaken identity.

A few weeks ago I was shopping in Tesco's and spied a pack of 18 Cumberland sausages (Billfields) for £1.59 BARGAIN AHOY!...so I bought 3 packs, the Cat household are a sausage loving family. They were bloomin gorgeous, I boasted about them as we tucked in that evening - "Arn't these sausages lovely Mr Cat, only £1.59 for 18, they truly are a find".

The next week I returned especially to loaded my trolly with more of this meaty find just in case the offer finished - to date we have probably eaten about 6 packs - even took one to Centre Parcs.

Yesterday I took a packet out of the freezer to defrost and for the first time properly read the packaging...Price £4.69 and in a star burst "Equivalent to £1.59 per llb".

Silly me.

Have you experienced a case of Mistaken Identity?

I've done that Cat, been mislead by a great bit flash sign that says something like £1.50 and then not realised that it also says in tiny writing "per kilo".

Also when they have a Buy one get one free on, say, chicken breasts so you load up with 2 and then find you've paid for 2 because in tiny writing underneath it said "Buxted" and the shelf was full of "Bernard Matthews" (for example). I think this is deliberate and a crafty way to get you to buy more than you intended :mad2:
24-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Mistaken Identity.
Me too Critters, the sausages were on the end of aisle displays with all the other bargains - very clever marketing for dimm wits like us.
24-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Mistaken Identity.
I've done something similar with cat food - mistaking the POS for dried food for that of tinned - I noticed at the checkout - and made them check. As far as I was concerned it was their fault for having the point of sale in the wrong place:whistling

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
24-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Mistaken Identity.
Oooo I am eagle eyed when it comes to such things...very suspicious about these get something for nothing deals as it were....however, I was short changed by a tenner a few months back because I was half asleep from a nigh****ch and the sneaky shop assistant took advantage of my vulnerability....I didn't noticed until I was on the ferry to go home and suddenly a light bulb, previous set to dull sparked to life and made me check my wallet! :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
24-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Mistaken Identity.
Coastie Wrote:nigh****ch

:laugh: at the swear filter :laugh:
24-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Mistaken Identity.
ilovesurvivor Wrote::laugh: at the swear filter :laugh:

Larf...at me with furrowed brow trying to work out the missing letters...T...W...A...T. Oh! Took me all of 3 minutes
24-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Mistaken Identity.
Fee For All Wrote::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My best one was being stopped by the police for speeding. I hadn't long passed my test and I was devastated as I was in my brand new company car.

Anyway, I had been unsure about my speed because the speedo had been flickering quite a lot, so I explained this to the nice traffic cop. He gave me one of those looks and asked me to show him.

And that's how I discovered rev counters. Blush

They let me off.

Whats a rev counter?
24-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Mistaken Identity.
Can I tell you a story about me and mistaken identity - well not quite mistaken identity but it's close.

Some years ago Mrs Sf and I were on a beach in Wales, we left our bags and went for a walk along the beach about 1/4 mile. On the way back I saw a bloke looking in one of our bags. I took off in a wild sprint, and as I got closer to him I started screaming "You f*ing ba5tard, you f*ing ba5tard!" He looked up at me with a scared look on his face, then I realised it wasn't our bag at all, ours were lying untouched a hundred yards further along the beach, so I just carried on running past him, I was too embarrassed to stop.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Identity Theft Critique 18 1,239 11-04-2006 10:17 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Mistaken Identity PJ 18 1,288 19-02-2005 09:29 AM
Last Post: Coastie