Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moods
07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Moods

What sort of moods do you have? What sort of thing brings about a bad mood? Do you have sudden feelings of happiness or grumpiness? Do you like making people suffer when you are in a bad mood?

I think I'm quite an even tempered person on the whole but I can sometimes be in a bad mood with nothing in particular triggering it, although I tend to think with me it's hormonal.

Sometimes me and my husband will both be in a mood although we haven't actually had a row. If I asked him why or vice versa we would both probably deny it. I can be quite horrible sometimes and be aware of it but I can't seem to stop myself. And I'm not very good at saying sorry either.

If someone upsets me, say I've had a bad day at work, I can be really mean and take it out on the kids which is awful I know. Really I should be feeling happy to be back with the people I love the most but sometimes I just can't help taking out my frustration on them.

I also get sudden feelings of complete happiness, again not being triggered by anything in particular.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Moods
Max, I am quite even tempered most of the time. I do get very bad moods though and do take them out on the kids, just by being too quick with them. If I am in a bad mood I will always deny it and if Mr B asks I just nothing is wrong, I refuse to argue and will sulk - which is not a quality I like and get very anoyed if anyone sulks with me and won't tell me whats wrong. :bag:

I do notice a dramatic decline in my mood during the week leading up to my period and this is quite new for me as I never suffered before!

I have noticed though that if Mr B is in a bad mood I will keep the kids out of his way and try to jolly him out of it. If I am in a bad mood though he just tends to join me in it!! and then the kids get double barrelled bad mood...
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Moods
Buzz Wrote:I do notice a dramatic decline in my mood during the week leading up to my period and this is quite new for me as I never suffered before!

It's funny you should say that Buzz, cos I've never thought I was affected but recently I've really noticed a pattern.
07-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Moods
I also find that if I am stressed by people outside the immediate family i.e IN LAWS that I get more ar$ey at home. My head knows I shouldn't let people get to me, but I do and it's usually the in laws (sisters to be precise) that piddle me off and then Mr B gets it in the neck, cos their his sisters (so it seems fair to me at the time to let off steam at him) but I know it's not really.
07-08-2005, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2005 05:32 PM by Patsy.)
Moods
I can relate to several of your points, Max. Mr P and I are not very good at tolerating each other's moods. What makes it worse for me is if he says "God, you're in a mood". We are both probably guilty of goading the other by bringing the kids into it, saying something like "careful, don't speak to ........... he/she's in a mood". I would say I am more moody than my husband and that is usually down to tiredness, but he is a very negative person, what we call "nouty".

I also sometimes get feelings of unexplained happiness/grumpiness. In the main, though, I'm a very up-beat person. My Mum always said there was no middle ground with me; I was either "up in the air, or down in the dumps". The two main things that put me in a bad mood are tiredness and hunger. And God help anyone who catches me when I'm tired AND hungry. If I'm looking forward to doing something and, for whatever reason, the plan changes, that puts me in a really bad mood. That's the spoilt brat in my, I suppose. And, like you Max, it's my family who suffer. I think it's just human nature to sound off at those you feel most comfortable with because you know they will love you unconditionally.

If I've had to really tell the boys off for something, to the point that I either smack them (very rarely these days) or really shout at them to the point that they cry (usually because they have pushed me to my limit), this really upsets me and I can't settle until we make friends.

I can also be a bit sensitive, especially with people I don't really know. I can take things the wrong way and dwell on them until I'm (usually) proven wrong.
07-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Moods
I get in a foul mood when something happens that I can't deal with straight away.

Like now.

I had two new tyres put on my car a couple of weeks ago - I've just washed it and found...

A loose wheel nut on three wheels and one missing on the fourth.

I am going to be in SUCH a mood when I get to Kwik-fit tomorrow morning. I drove up the bleeding motorway in it last week........:mad:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
07-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Moods
I'm not especially moody, but I'm only human so of course there are ocassions when I get down in the dumps for no reason. Its rare though. However, although I don't have mood swings, what I do have is quite a short fuse if someone p!sses me off.

On the plus side though, the short fuse burns out quickly. So I'm liable to explode, and then 10 minutes later forget all about it. I can be quite bad at handling people who can't get over it quickly though.

This has caused problems between me and Mr H in the past. He is also not moody, and his fuse is much, much longer than mine. But his biggest fault is that after I've exploded he sulks for ages, so even although I want to forget about it, there is an atmosphere. Which p!sses me off.

Fortuantely, these scenarios do not occur often. :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Moods
I would say I am not particulary moody on the whole but I do suffer from PMT and when suffering I do have a bit of short fuse. Like others if annoyed, I do tend to take it out on the ones I love, so the children now have learnt to give me a wide berth when I am suffering. But saying that I am always quick to say sorry when I have been unreasonable.
07-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Moods
I am on the whole a happy/positive person and it takes a lot to bring me down...however when I do get a bit low (I can't remember when the last time was) I find a good old chat with mum or a best mate soon brings me round..

oooo job on!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
07-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Moods
When I was on prozac last year (it was a two year stint that particular time, been on and off it for about fifteen years) I was very mellow. I didn't have any highs or any lows, I never cried or got sentimental.

Since I've been off it, I found that I experience my emotions more fully. I even enjoy a good cry occasionally usually for sentimental reasons. I'm almost quite sure I will never go back to managing depression with drugs.

I'm not essentially a moody person. I rarely, if ever, loose my temper. I think I've probably lost it less than five times in my whole life that I remember.

I'm by no means perfect though!! And sometimes i find myself a little tetchy and short tempered with my son over something that isn't really his fault, but we muddle our way through!!

I also don't like being around moody people, they either bore me or I find myself pandering to them.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...