Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More cheese gromit.
17-12-2005, 11:28 PM
More cheese gromit.

Well I am officially addicted to Wensleydale cheese with cranberries.
I usually wouldn't eat cranberries at all, but in Wensleydale cheese they are yummy scrummy, especially if you have jacobs meditteranean crackers.
I have just scoffed down 8, yes I said 8, crackers with the said cheese.

Any strange addictions out there.
Keep it clean please:wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2005, 11:33 PM
More cheese gromit.
well....my addiction is strange even in my family and Northern MS but not too much in Southern MS where I'm from! It's tomato gravy with rice. You make a roux (gravy) from canola oil and flour, add a large can/tin of diced tomatoes, a little water to get to desired consistency and salt and pepper. Then you put in on top of white or brown rice (brown's my fave). I have to make me a batch ever so often and they guys all turn their noses up but it's GOOD!:laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
17-12-2005, 11:39 PM
More cheese gromit.
Andrea Wrote:Well I am officially addicted to Wensleydale cheese with cranberries.
I usually wouldn't eat cranberries at all, but in Wensleydale cheese they are yummy scrummy, especially if you have jacobs meditteranean crackers.
I have just scoffed down 8, yes I said 8, crackers with the said cheese.

Any strange addictions out there.
Keep it clean please:wink2:

That's funny you should start this thread Andrea because when I was indulging in my latest food addiction I wondered whether to post it on here :laugh:

I have developed an addiction to Horseradish Sauce. Not just any horseradish sauce though, Tesco's Finest range. It's quite sweet so probably not to everyone's taste and it doesn't burn your mouth out like some I've tried. I love it on any meat, sausages, bacon, I even lifted the pastry off a rather boring sausage roll and spread it liberally onto the sausagemeat and put the pastry back - mmmmmm! scrummy.

Forget cranberry sauce on the turkey this year, I will be having horseradish Smile
17-12-2005, 11:44 PM
More cheese gromit.
Ooooh actually just thought of another one I'm addicted to.

Sweet Chilli Sauce.

I started off having this on the rare occasions of me going to burger king.
I used to dip my chips into it and loved it.

Well I have now found out Morrisons sell it, and I've gone through 2 bottles in as many weeks.
I have the damn stuff on everything.
Chips, pork, pizza, beef, I just love the stuff.

18-12-2005, 12:00 AM
More cheese gromit.
I'm addicted to all forms of cream cheese...plain, flavored, whipped, pie, just give me some cream cheese and I'll find a way to devour it. Dairy Queen (a burger joint which specializes in different ice cream treats) had a Strawberry Cheesequake Blizzard which was chunks of strawberry cheesecake swirled into vanilla ice cream in a cup of various sizes, and I ate the sh!t out of them!! I haven't been by there since it's been cold...what's that number...maybe hubby can make a detour on his way home from work....Huh

18-12-2005, 12:03 AM
More cheese gromit.
You see now that's the thing about America, any cravings you have and there will be a take-away open somewhere to fill your need.

Oh how I miss that.
All we have round here are pizza and kebab places that shut really early.

18-12-2005, 12:30 AM
More cheese gromit.
I live in a smallish town, about 10,000 and we have just about ANYTHING you could want...Wal-Mart open 24 hrs., Krystal Burgers 24 hrs., alot of other places open till Midnight or 2:00am...I wonder who's out at this time of night b/c we really only have one bar and they can only stay open til 12:00 m/n. We do have a slew of restaraunts, burger joints, sub sandwhich shops, 3 coffee shops (locals, not Starbucks)...mom and pop diners. Huh

18-12-2005, 02:20 PM
More cheese gromit.
Cheese and biscuits are awesome - my favourite part of Christmas dinner.
In fact I'm off to have some just now. Cheers Andrea!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
18-12-2005, 04:57 PM
More cheese gromit.
I just love cheese - any sort. One of our Christmas traditions is for my younger son and myself to go out cheese shopping a few days before Christmas - was always buy far too much because we just can't resist anything!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
18-12-2005, 08:02 PM
More cheese gromit.
I was very very tempted to give my son the middle name of Wensleydale, cos I love that line in the Monty Python cheese sketch! ... but then I got a grip and told msyelf that I'm really far too conventional to be that wild, so I didn't give him any middle name!

As for cravings, I'm currently addicted to Rocket and Coriander ... I love them, together they are heaven.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...