Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Haunted (or Most silly)
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Is it me or is this hogwash the silliest thing on the telly? Grown men and women standing around in the dark jumping and shrieking when they hear a noise. Do they really think that anyone is buying it? :ranting:

All of a sudden Chris Moyles idea of celebrity hide and seek sounds quite good.

**I heart Northern Soul**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
I love this program and I actually felt physically scared when I watched it on my own once...
But I agree with you to an extent, sometimes it can be quite silly - especially when derek gets "possessed".

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I love this programme too. Very entertaining but probably hogwash. I like the little orbs that everyone gets so excited about and things that go bump in the night!!

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I love this show and find it most entertaining. I like the anticipation of they just might see something. :blink:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
tigger767 Wrote:I love this show and find it most entertaining. I like the anticipation of they just might see something. :blink:

I was taught the 4 times table and I am pretty sure It wasn't in me prior to being in Primary 2

**I heart Northern Soul**
11-09-2005, 06:47 PM
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:I was taught the 4 times table and I am pretty sure It wasn't in me prior to being in Primary 2

Maybe I'm having an off day, but I really am not understanding what you are saying? Could you explain please? Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
most silly, most definitely! mind you I've never actually seen it, only the odd trailer or p!ss take ... but come on it all sounds like a complete load of tripe, although for some reason some people love it!

where I work we do ghost walks and it always astounds me how many people turn up for them and how they beleive the gobbledegook in the spiel that is read out! still they pays their money, they makes their choice I suppose!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
11-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I read in the local rag that is delivered on a Sunday, that Living TV have been in Bedford filming this recently. I didn't know we had ghosties in sunny old Bedford.....a few witches certainly, but not ghosties...
11-09-2005, 08:15 PM
The company Mr P works for also owns a listed building in Chatham Dockyards, which is "haunted". It is currently used as a banqueting and conference centre. The staff there, all very normal people, have had "encounters" and experienced unexplained goings-on.

Most Haunted visited there a year or so ago and apparently got some of the best footage of all the places they had visited to date.

Knowing the people as I do, I believe they have experienced what they say they have and also believe that MH had similar experiences, but I also think that it is embellished for entertainment purposes to the nth degree.
12-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I love this show - and when i found out that the lovely Derek was leaving ..... i was in mourning for a week Blush

It might be embellished for entertainment purposes, but like Tiggs i watch just incase they catch something on film - and on occasion they have.

I do believe in ghosts though - maybe your beliefs make you like / dislike this show ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Most Haunted - The DVD Collection - Review The Curmudgeon 5 1,015 12-05-2008 08:54 AM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Most Haunted Live - Halloween special PJ 6 1,113 01-11-2006 11:29 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Most Haunted? Anyone watch it? Sammy 43 4,576 09-05-2005 10:49 PM
Last Post: emmaroy