Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multicultural?
25-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Multicultural?

I dont think it works and I am not sure it actually exists in its modern description!

In fact have we not always been multicultural since Roman times?

Anyone feel particularly multicultural?

**I heart Northern Soul**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Multicultural?
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:Anyone feel particularly multicultural?

Nope, I've never felt a multicultural. Is it allowed?
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Multicultural?
IoW, if it doesn't exist, how can it not work? And if it's been around since roman times, how can it not exist?

You're going to have to put a little more thought into your 'provocative' posts if you're hoping to stir things up round here.

You got lucky with the muslim thread, I grant you, but this one's a bit weak.

Bollox to potplants
25-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Multicultural?
For sure, separate and distinct cultures have evolved.

These found many excuses for warfare, much of which territorial.

With increased migration on a mass scale, these cultures are now getting mixed, and have a choice - continue the ancient ways of warring based on cultural differences, or get along.

We have no choice but to get along these days, so it is another evolution to learn to live with cultural differences.

In time, this will happen naturally, and we will interbreed such that it all becomes blurred over time and "culture" will be redefined as hobby over lifestyle, and a choice (you can see it in the states already, people who are thrird generation American declaring themselves as Irish, but in reality they are American. They celebrate the Irish festivals, St Patricks day et al, but its a hobby, not something to die for).

It'll take time, the muslims come to mind, but they have already been moving over the centuries (eg the Turks). Its speeding up, maybe another 100 years, but culture will eventually die as a way of defining law.

Right now much of the world is passive to culture, people do what their culture dictates. In the future, culture will be actively maintained, so we will control it, and maintain it, not it control us.

Just a viewpoint.
25-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Multicultural?
I often wonder at terms such as Black Community, Asian Community etc as they just don't exist (apart from in the eyes of the media). There is no Mum community or Ginger community - even a Gay community is a loose term for those who go to clubs (or seems to be).

Currently the Muslim Community is the one being used a lot but it means noithing and kind of means all Muslims which again is rubbish as that would assume a general level of Muslimness!

It is a very geographical term in the UK

**I heart Northern Soul**
26-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Multicultural?
I think there is a mum community, or a parent one. Not in an obvious way maybe but there's lots of groups and websites etc... anyway I cannot be arsed to reply to this properly because I'm starting to think you are just on a wind up :bye:
26-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Multicultural?
I was gonna say exactly the same Sammy, I think there is a 'mum' community.
I was certainly in that communtiy going to toddler groups and nurseries. And even now, though I work, there still is that 'parent' community, taking the kids to school etc.

I think communities are basically what you make of them. Yes, you're restricted by the areas that you live in. But hasn't everyone got there own community around them, the people they meet and talk to, whether that is in a small village or an inner city?

And as for the ginger community, I am bound to secrecy:ninja:

[Image: 429.gif]
26-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Multicultural?
God, I hope they keep the Aberfeldy Community ring-fenced and secure.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
27-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Multicultural?
I can't imagine that Aberfeldy is well known for it's Gay-Black-Disabled-Muslim Community somehow.

Tell me IOW...do you know the only gay in the village?
27-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Multicultural?
Slipper Wrote:I can't imagine that Aberfeldy is well known for it's Gay-Black-Disabled-Muslim Community somehow.

Tell me IOW...do you know the only gay in the village?

He probably is the only gay in the village!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT