Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich or Zurich
19-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Munich or Zurich

We're off again.

Aer Lingus are offering flights to Munich and Zurich for £25.00 - too good to miss [ya can't get a train to Ballymoreeustace for that over here] so was hoping any of yez have been to either / both and can offer any info to help decide which one we go for.

many fanks.

te 'n urk

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Munich or Zurich
For purely shelfish reasons, I would like you to go to Munich please because I quite fancy it too.

Thanks. :bye:
19-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Munich or Zurich
Sounds a bit like a pis5-take to me!

Munich/Zurich

Hollywood/Bollywood!

Pick and play/scratch and sniff.........you go first and feel free to report back!:applause:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
20-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Munich or Zurich
Well, him indoors has now decided that although the flights are enticingly cheap, the hotels and nosh etc are pricy {jaykers - Zurich is mentally dear] so he'd prefer to put an extra hundred squid or so onto the cost of a city break and have a week in an apartment by the sea somewhere instead.

Unfortunately, that's eric code for we ain't going nowhere biatch, deal with it.

bam bam
20-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Munich or Zurich
Tigereye Wrote:Well, him indoors has now decided that although the flights are enticingly cheap, the hotels and nosh etc are pricy {jaykers - Zurich is mentally dear] so he'd prefer to put an extra hundred squid or so onto the cost of a city break and have a week in an apartment by the sea somewhere instead.

Unfortunately, that's eric code for we ain't going nowhere biatch, deal with it.

Barcelona would fit both bills nicely.
20-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Munich or Zurich
ooooh good thinking Pats. Well, any thinking from you would be good, obviously, but in the great scheme of things it's a good idea.

That started out to be an insult and failed miserably.

Btw, would Barcelona not be too cold in April? We were thinking the canaries or north africa........we were in crete in May and t'was effing freezing....

bam bam
24-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Munich or Zurich
I've never been to Munich, but if Urk changes his mind I can recommend Zurich. I'm over there 3 or 4 times a year and it's a lovely City. The Old Town is beautiful.

It is on the pricey side though for eating/drinking/hotels etc. - Eric's right on that score.

If its value for money you're looking for, why don't you see if you can get flights to one of the Eastern European countries like Latvia or Estonia. We went to Estonia a couple of years back (to Tallin) and it was cracking value for money. And gorgeous too! It was one of my favourite City breaks ever. I've heard good things about Latvia and Lithuania too, although I've never been to either. Plan to though.
24-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Munich or Zurich
cheers K.

Found a lovely hotel up a mountain side in Zurich - crap if you want to be in the middle of the downtown craic - but it has it's own little railway thingie to get you up there and the views over the town and lake zurich are unrivaled apparantly. And the nosh in the hotel is a bit good too- award winning restaurant and all that 5* palava. I love me nosh.

Must dust off eric's little black dress.

will post again when the bank manager lets me.

bam bam
09-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Munich or Zurich
Aer Lingus are offering flights to Munich and Zurich for £25.00 - too good to miss [ya can't get a train to Ballymoreeustace for that over here] so was hoping any of yez have been to either / both and can offer any info to help decide which one we go for.

03-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Munich or Zurich
On a recent day at the Megabus stop in Chicago, two University of Minnesota students, Sean Klontz, 21, and Emily Garber, 20, were returning to Minneapolis after participating in a Chicago-area bicycle race. Klontz said he had paid $30 for the same round trip several months ago but only $20 for this one because he had booked well in advance.ugg boots cardy
Garber said it was her first Megabus trip and called the ride comparable to Greyhound -- only cheaper. Both said the seats were narrow and that there was little legroom, but Garber added, "I'll sacrifice the legroom for more money in my wallet."billig ed hardy schuhe