Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murphy's Law
05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Murphy's Law

Or as most people know it Sod's Law:

Towards the end of last year we had double glazing put in. This being a very old house all the sash cords had broken, the frames were looking very unstable and I only had one frontroom window that would open (with a table mat propped under Blush ) The bedroom one I couldn't manage so if Mr. C had gone to work and it turned warm it had to stay shut, I could open the kitchen door but am always wary in case anyone comes in through the back (no pun intended).

Anyway you get the picture!

Today I was really working up a sweat and the sun came out so I walked round all the flat opening the windows and thought how little things can give you so much pleasure (oops - I keep leaving these openings don't I ...lol). I was even going to put a post on here DYJLIW you can open all the windows.... blah blah.

Just sat down to write it and ..... Murphy's Law .... the window cleaner turned up and I had to run round and shut them all :wallbash:

Anyone else had any Murphy's Law lately?
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Murphy's Law
Oh I get one everytime I go to pick the kids up from school.

It can be a bright sunny day all day, but sods law, when you have to walk round to pick the kids up, its starts peeing it down.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Murphy's Law
Andrea Wrote:Oh I get one everytime I go to pick the kids up from school.

It can be a bright sunny day all day, but sods law, when you have to walk round to pick the kids up, its starts peeing it down.

Oh yeah the 2.45pm to 3.30pm rain shower you talking about Andrea? We're lucky here, we also get one from 8.30 am to 9.15 am too. So nerrr! Tongue

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
05-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Murphy's Law
tigger767 Wrote:Oh yeah the 2.45pm to 3.30pm rain shower you talking about Andrea? We're lucky here, we also get one from 8.30 am to 9.15 am too. So nerrr! Tongue
Ah yes we get both of those too. More conviction, if we need it, that God is indeed a man who never did the school run!!
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Murphy's Law
tigger767 Wrote:Oh yeah the 2.45pm to 3.30pm rain shower you talking about Andrea? We're lucky here, we also get one from 8.30 am to 9.15 am too. So nerrr! Tongue

Lol Tigger :laugh:

We get a few of them, but we also get the 11.30am showers as well, the time I pick up youngest from the nursery :w00t:

[Image: 429.gif]
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Murphy's Law
It's funny how when your children are old enough to come home alone, those showers stop :laugh:
06-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Murphy's Law
Murphy's law is at it again!

Asked g/son where his PE kit was and he said "probably at school". So we go off to school but, sod's law, out the back way (which I very rarely do but my car was parked down the side street).

B****r me, when I came back, his PE kit has magically appeared on the stairs up to my flat.

His dad must have remembered it and brought it round early this morning and assumed I would see it on my way out!!!! Grrrrr! I can either wait for the phone call to ask me to bring it to school or go all the way back now. :ranting:
06-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Murphy's Law

And after you have made a mad dash getting the washing in, the blooming sunshine comes out again and last until it blinking well sets!!! :mad:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
09-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Murphy's Law
Today when I went in to work I had to wear my sunglasses the sun was so bright but just as I left the heavens opened. And although it isn't far to my car I was quite wet by the time I got there! Of course as soon as I got home the sunshine was out again!
09-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Murphy's Law
Same here Ils. Went for my appointment in blazing sunshine then went onto Tesco's and by the time I came out and had to stand there loading the car up it was bucketing down. Got soaked heaving it all indoors too :sad: