Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Downloads Websites
18-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Music Downloads Websites

I have never down-loaded music but our new PC now has that ability, where is the best and cheapest place to download from?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Well now that I'm getting an I-pod mini, I'll be using I-tunes:w00t:

But I know Virgin have brought out a new site, Woolworths as well download stuff.
You've just got to be careful that what you download is compatible with your mp3 player if thats what you want to do with it.

And also some places, if you pay a monthly subscription only let you listen to the songs while you pay that subscription.

I know most places let you download single tracks for about 79p

Take a look at the web active magazine site, they usually have some reviews somewhere of different sites. I'll go there and have a look as well, see what I can find.

[Image: 429.gif]
19-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Music Downloads Websites
i use WinMx
19-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Is that Winmx.co.uk or .com Jakey?

Tescos has a website you can download for 79p. I don't have an I-pod (I am weird aren't I) I just want to download them to burn them onto a CD.

19-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Bella Wrote:I don't have an I-pod (I am weird aren't I) I just want to download them to burn them onto a CD.

I havent either so you arent alone Bella :w00t: I, like you only download music onto discs to play in the car - the house CD player wont play copies which is annoying.

I cant remember who Mr.B uses though, but i know it was cheap. He paid something like £15 for a years membership and can download whatever he wants as often as he wants for the year.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Bonsai Wrote:I havent either so you arent alone Bella :w00t: I, like you only download music onto discs to play in the car - the house CD player wont play copies which is annoying.

I cant remember who Mr.B uses though, but i know it was cheap. He paid something like £15 for a years membership and can download whatever he wants as often as he wants for the year.

That sounds like a good deal - £15 for year! Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

19-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Music Downloads Websites
I think you still have to bear in mind that your IP does have a limit now on how much you can download per month - you need to check this out.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Eternity Wrote:I think you still have to bear in mind that your IP does have a limit now on how much you can download per month - you need to check this out.

If there is .... which i wouldnt know as i dont know much about the internet - we havent ever exceeded it :cool2:

19-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Music Downloads Websites
It does depend on how much you use, and what your limit is, most are 2gb if I recall rightly. You do need to check though as I know some will just charge you for the extra - they don't tell you you have gone over - just bill you! :shocking:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Music Downloads Websites
Eternity Wrote:It does depend on how much you use, and what your limit is, most are 2gb if I recall rightly.

OOOhh yes, thats what we are 2GB as we got an upgrade with Wanadoo .... who are pants :bag: .

We dont download ooooodles of stuff, but we have downloaded music videos, a few albums and loads of songs. Maybe you need to be hitting it daily though to go over the top ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cool Websites Haydon_acc2 51 6,850 03-06-2008 08:53 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  MP3 player and downloading music help Haydon_acc2 5 683 05-03-2006 06:17 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Wedding Music Rothera 11 1,161 22-04-2005 09:15 AM
Last Post: ils
  What are your favourite websites? - Apart form this one! Voice of reason 26 3,387 30-11-2004 03:52 PM
Last Post: Bonsai