Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music stuff
13-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Music stuff

All my decent music is loaded online, and most the the time when I'm online, I run Windows Music Player to play my fave albums etc. I cannot imagine the boringness of online connection without music!!!!!!!

Well, tonight it ain't working.

I've done the usual stuff like making sure that mute is not set to "off", and rebooting. Why can't I get sounds?

Any odea?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Music stuff
So Media Player is running but there are no sounds coming from your speakers? Are they on? Connected? Master volume AND wave volume turned up on your mixer?

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
14-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Music stuff
Funny you should mention listening to music whilst you are online Karen. My eldest does too and he has it on quite loud sometimes.

When I am on line - I need total silence. I cannot concentrate on reading and replying if there is music, talking or just noise.

Funny old world!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

14-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Music stuff
Blink Wrote:So Media Player is running but there are no sounds coming from your speakers? Are they on? Connected?

Yep to both of those questions but.....

Blink Wrote:Master volume AND wave volume turned up on your mixer?

Could you explain these? What is wave volume and master volume? Where is my mixer?

14-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Music stuff
Flip Wrote:Funny you should mention listening to music whilst you are online Karen. My eldest does too and he has it on quite loud sometimes.

When I am on line - I need total silence. I cannot concentrate on reading and replying if there is music, talking or just noise.

I do it at work too. I have all my decent music on the laptop too, so if I'm in the office I always taken my headphones with me. I forgot once and I couldn't concentrate. I had to go to Dixons and buy some new ones. :laugh:

14-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Music stuff
I find I can block out everyone and everything out if I'm reading other people's posts, but if I'm trying to compose something, I have to have complete silence.
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2005, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2005 04:38 PM by Blink.)
Music stuff
karenh Wrote:Could you explain these? What is wave volume and master volume? Where is my mixer?
Your computer can process various different types of sound - wave (generated sounds, including MP3 output), CD (direct from your computer's CD player), MIDI/synth (if you are using midi files/sequencers) and line-in (external source plugged into your PC). Some computers have more than these. All are controlled by a master volume control.

Usually you can find a program on the Start menu called "volume control", but if you can't locate it, try this instead: Start-->Run. Type "sndvol32" and hit enter.

You'll find it self-explanatory, a clever lass like you. Wink

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
15-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Music stuff
Sorry, wasn't concentrating before:
karenh Wrote:Where is my mixer?
Clearly, it's in the cabinet next to the schnapps and just in front ot the advocaat.

15-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Music stuff
karenh Wrote:All my decent music is loaded online, and most the the time when I'm online, I run Windows Music Player to play my fave albums etc. I cannot imagine the boringness of online connection without music!!!!!!!

Well, tonight it ain't working.

I've done the usual stuff like making sure that mute is not set to "off", and rebooting. Why can't I get sounds?

Any odea?

Ermmm... this may be just a typing error but I think you mean that mute is set to off because if mute is set to on then you won't hear anything, i.e. it will be "muted" ... I think :bag:
16-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Music stuff
Blink Wrote:Usually you can find a program on the Start menu called "volume control", but if you can't locate it, try this instead: Start-->Run. Type "sndvol32" and hit enter.

You'll find it self-explanatory, a clever lass like you. Wink

Blink thanks. I've now tested that, and its fine.

Critique - yeah - it was a typo. The mute IS set to "off".

Still no sounds though! Its putting me off using the PC, cos it seems boring without music :sad:

I've just done a speaker test, and only 1 of them appears to be working, but I don't see that would cause the problem.

Any ideas, all you bright young things?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  copying music to an MP3 player Dolores 12 646 01-01-2007 07:14 PM
Last Post: Dolores