Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Weekend!
08-11-2004, 11:38 AM
My Weekend!

Well it all started off well!

We were flying from Southampton to Jersey on the 11.20am flight, so my mate picked me up about 8.30am plently of time to get there in time for the flight and to look around the duty free shops, that's of course unless you get a flat tyre! :blink:

Anyway, yes you've guessed it, we had a flat tyre, luckily it was near her house and her husband pumped it up and said it should get us there. Well luckily, we did finally get to the airport with about 5 minutes to spare, where we met the others, we were going with.

Unfortunately the weather was really wet so we didn't really do any sightseeing, we just hit the shops and the bars.

I only bought a few bits, although one of my friends bought her wedding dress (2nd wedding) and another bought a ballgown for a dinner dance she is attending this weekend coming.

When we arrived back at Southampton Airport, Sunday evening, we were pleased to see the tyre was still ok and started for home. Well it was ok until we went over a speed hump and then it was flat again. My mate pulled off the road in to the Royal Mail carpark just outside the Airport where we called the AA. Whilst we were waiting for the AA man, several men (if that's what you can call them) drove past and shouted at us that we couldn't park there and we were facing the wrong way - not one stopped to see if we were ok :blink:

Anyway that aside it was a great weekend and we are all thinking of going back sometime next year, when hopefully the weather will be better and we can sightsee!
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2004, 02:31 PM
My Weekend!
Sorry to hear you had a problem with the car. Not very nice of those "guys" to just shout at you and not make sure you're allright.

But glad to see you had a great weekend, even if it was only shopping and in the bars. Although that sounds like an excellent weekend to meSmile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2004, 03:39 PM
My Weekend!
Glad your weekend went ok ILS. Shame about the flat tyre though. It's so annoying having to wait around for those rescue guys. But glad you got home safe and sound in the end. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
08-11-2004, 03:47 PM
My Weekend!
tigger767 Wrote:It's so annoying having to wait around for those rescue guys.

He was worth waiting for though :wink2: Tall dark and handsome with a wicked sense of humour :wub:

We all wanted to take him home with us Smile
08-11-2004, 03:49 PM
My Weekend!
Well, what is a weekend away without a few hiccups?!! Glad the best part of it went well, and at least if you go back you will know what bars are the best!

Shame about the guys shouting you at and shame on them for not stopping to help! :mad2:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Are You Doing This Weekend? ils 976 34,984 10-05-2010 02:15 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Weird Weekend Bonsai 16 1,814 12-01-2007 11:24 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Easter weekend maxine 26 2,515 15-04-2006 05:23 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  Weekend Breakfast! Mars 14 1,682 28-02-2006 04:49 PM
Last Post: Mars
  What shouldn't you be doing now but might do at the weekend because you're not sure h survivorfan 216 7,107 22-08-2005 05:32 PM
Last Post: Coastie