Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ News - At last
01-11-2004, 01:17 PM
NZ News - At last

I have been sitting on this news for a couple of weeks now so it's a relief to finally be able to talk about it!

Mr V has been offered, and has accepted a job in New Zealand from next May, so the family Voice will at long last be emigrating Smile He has to give six months notice at his current surgery and is handing that in today (hence my being able to talk about it!). We still have the immigration medicals to get through and there is a slight concern from us regarding Sam's Crohn's, but his consultant is happy with him and is writing a report for us to submit to immigration, so we'll see what happens with that. We have been told not to worry too much and that the process is pretty straightforward on the whole.

We will be living on the East coast of North Island and I am now investigating schools for Sam and Ellie. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried at all, we will be taking the children away from place they are very happy to a whole new way of life, but they say they are happy and excited about it (as are we) Of course our extended family isn't all that thrilled, and I can envisage a few guilt trips over the next 6 months, but mostly we feel we are doing the right thing for the four of us and I hope they will see it like that too, given time Wink

Anyway, there's a way to go yet and loads more details to follow, it's a bit of an up and down process emotionally and even after 18 months of planning, actually doing it is a bit scary! But I guess we'll be ok.

I will have to make the next meet as it will be my last chance to see most of you, although we'll have an 'Open House' policy in NZ for anyone who wants to visit Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2004, 01:21 PM
NZ News - At last
Oh well done, Voice. How exciting! I hope the next stage of the process all goes smoothly for you and the family. Six months is a long notice period!

I'll definitely have to make the next meet to wish you farewell.

Like the 'open house' idea!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2004, 01:21 PM
NZ News - At last
Big hugs to all the Voicey family.
the news you've been wanting for a while.
Good luck to you all, and yes I'm sure it will be stressful but just think of the life you will lead out there.
My friend who lives there says they just have a brilliant time with bbq's, their own pool and a really relaxing way of life.
And they've just been on holiday to the Gold Coast in Aussie, makes ya sick Tongue

Hope it all goes to plan for you Voice, best wishes
Andrea
xxx
01-11-2004, 01:33 PM
NZ News - At last
Next meet in NZ then, sorted!!!

Aww, Voice, I am so thrilled for you! It has been a long time coming and yes there are still lots of things to do and hurdles to cross but you will get there.

It ia huge decision of course, but I think for you and your family it is the right one. Mr B has distant family in NZ, and his mum has been there twice and absolutely loves it.

Fantastic News!!! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-11-2004, 01:38 PM
NZ News - At last
LORDY!! how exciting. I've often wondered what it would be like to do this, very scary and exciting at the same time.

Good luck with all the planning.

Smile
01-11-2004, 03:00 PM
NZ News - At last
What fantastic news for you all [Image: party-smiley-020.gif]

I wish you all the luck in the world for your new adventure and I hope you will be very happy :hug:

Quote:I will have to make the next meet as it will be my last chance to see most of you, although we'll have an 'Open House' policy in NZ for anyone who wants to visit

You certainly will have to make the meet so we can all toast 'Bon Voyage' to you.

I would love to visit - so I better get saving now [Image: biggrin.gif]
That's unless I can find a rich sugardaddy to treat me to a trip to see my mate !
01-11-2004, 06:14 PM
NZ News - At last
Oh Voice - I'm glad that you've got a date to aim for now. It makes it easier to schedule in what you need to do.

...and that open door policy sounds very tempting!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-11-2004, 08:34 PM
NZ News - At last
Excellent news Voice! I bet it's a big weight off your shoulders now thats its all sorted and definate!

Who knows - maybe I'll pop by your house when Im in New Zealand next summer :eek: Wink
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
NZ News - At last
That's great news Voice - Oh I'm so excited for you and your family! It's gonna be such a great adventure for you all! EXCELLENT! :holiday:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
02-11-2004, 08:28 AM
NZ News - At last
Peej Wrote:Who knows - maybe I'll pop by your house when Im in New Zealand next summer :eek: Wink

I'll be gutted if you don't Peej. The 'open door policy' is very common in NZ and we intend to embrace it wholeheartedly Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good news! karenh 12 2,450 09-01-2009 08:41 PM
Last Post: Spooky
  Not so good news.... karenh 12 2,372 22-12-2008 01:03 PM
Last Post: karenh
  News from the Asylum... Haydon_acc2 4 846 03-08-2007 04:05 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  SO News people - volunteers wanted Haydon_acc2 19 1,599 13-09-2006 10:53 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  My News! ils 32 2,134 07-03-2006 04:02 PM