Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naked Royal Marines..
28-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Naked Royal Marines..

Obviously the full details of this are only emerging, but it seems a bit beyond the beyonds.
Insane!
yukky.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
I was absolutely gobsmaked when i saw this footage. Two grown men, naked and whalloping each other with metal tubing !!!! You could see that they were hurt and bleeding .... no suprises there then.

I had heard about initiation ceremonies - but i thought they were a thing of the past, and as far as i knew they didnt involve beating ten barrels of sh*te out of one another.

I hope this is investigated, but i doubt they will be able to stamp it out 100%. It seems to be a macho thing to do, and they will just take the rituals further underground if need be.

Just as a funny aside, the guy who took the footage 'undercover'. Where did he stash his camera as they were all naked :ninja:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
dont' want to make light of a serious subject..but what IS it about groups of grown men and their desire to get naked together....
:laugh:
But seriously...like...they were ALL blinking well naked.
If my boss ordered me and my colleagues to get naked...no way!
Just say no!
This is VERY worrying....
sigh.....................................

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
28-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
Aondeag Wrote:dont' want to make light of a serious subject..but what IS it about groups of grown men and their desire to get naked together....
:laugh:
But seriously...like...they were ALL blinking well naked.
If my boss ordered me and my colleagues to get naked...no way!
Just say no!
This is VERY worrying....
sigh.....................................

Its not the naked bit that worried me - its beating the living cr*p out of one another that narks.

28-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
yes..but i'm wondering if,because it seems to be some kind of initiating ceremony, that there is some degree of acceptance in it.
Even by those being bullied.
Or did this just come out of the blue?
It is very alarming............

28-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
My nephew is going on a training course in February down in Portsmouth as he is thinking about joining the Marines! :shocking:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
28-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
Bella Wrote:My nephew is going on a training course in February down in Portsmouth as he is thinking about joining the Marines! :shocking:

Oops :ninja:

I would just like to make an amendment. In my first post i said they were metal tubes on their arms, but they were in fact rubber. Its still barbaric though.

28-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
And the Womens Institute don't get naked...

Do agree that the naked and womens clothing thing was a little bizarre.

Re the fighting between squadies being encouraged...not suprised...they are a Marine/commando unit...not a knitting circle.

However, the NCO kicking a regular to unconciousness IS wrong and I hope he gets charged.

I did laugh at a headline on Sky-news....

PROBE INTO NAKED MARINE FIGHTING

:wink_kiss
28-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
I can understand the fighting to a point, but not the naked part. Odd. Must have been very unpleasant to watch. All those dangly bits from all sorts of angles.
28-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Naked Royal Marines..
The whole initiation ceremony aspect of this worries me. People cannot be accepted into the "club" unless they go through it.
I thought one of the things about being a member of the armed forces was being disciplined - this seems like a bunch of people who were totally out of control.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Sun banned by Royal Family floopy 8 1,000 09-08-2006 08:25 PM
Last Post: floopy
  More naked people... Aondeag 4 673 09-12-2005 09:08 PM
Last Post: Popsicle