Poll: Is it undignified to have a navel peircing beyond 30?
No - age doesn't matter. Each to their own
Yes - a little. I wouldn't want my Mum to have one.
No - if you have a flat tummy.....fine, whatever your age
I think the whole thing is crass and unsavoury. Anyone who has it is a slave to fashion.
Yes - Over 30, you should'nt be showing it so what is the point?
Who cares? Your body. Your defilement!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navel Piercing: Is it an age thang?
04-08-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm doing another poll. The wonderful Fee gave me the idea for this one in another thread.

Navel piercing? Is it only nice at cerain age?

My mate - aged 36 - wants to have her navel peirced. She doesn't have a flat stomach and would never dream of wearing anything that shows off that part of her anatomy, so I can't see the point.

Most non-visible piecings (e.g. nipple, Clit, tongue) are done for reasons of sexual stimulation. The rest are done for physical enhancement and as such, are meant to be shown.

Whaddya think?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Piercings are ace!

Apart from my eyebrow, which is growing out at a speed to be reckoned with.

How rubbish.

cheerio!
05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm a great believer in personal choice.

I'd have mine done in a flash if it came with a free 17 year old body, but that's my hang-up.Smile

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2005, 12:23 AM
If it isn't an age thang then it probably should be. I just think that after a certain age some things are not appropriate, navel piercing being one of them, unless you are planning to never show it off.
05-08-2005, 12:49 AM
My cousin had hers done when she was 34. It looked stunning - but then she's 6'2", built like a lath and with the sort of personality that can carry it off.

On the other hand, in town the other day I saw a plump, pasty skinned teenager, in need of a good bath and hairwash and the effect was :sick:. But she looked happy enough!

(probably just nicked half of Claire's Accessories :laugh: )

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah fair point Fee, I'm making an assumption that most women of over 30 have ab's as dodgy as mine and if they have had children, stretch marks like mine too! There's no way in the world I would wear anything tummy revealing outside in public. Even in the dark!
05-08-2005, 06:42 AM
It's not something I would do now, what would be the point? I never get my stomach out in company.

I tend to think it does look better on young fit people, but each to their own.
05-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Well, I told my friend that it is up to her. Which it is of course, but it wasn't what she wanted me to say! She wanted me to say that it was a fantastic idea that would transform her into a trendy, sylph-like goddess, and make her appear more youthful than she actually is.

My real opinion is more along the lines of Voice's - ultimately it is the choice of the individual, but personally I think it is a bit "mutton-dressed-as-lambish" in anyone over 30. And yes, I do know over 30's on whom a navel piercing looks great, and likewise I have seen youngsters whose jelly bellies ensure that their navel peircings look gross.

To me, navel peircings are a bit like micro mini-skirts. Mico-mini's don't look good on anyone with bad legs, but beyond a certain age they just look a bit cheap and desperate - no matter how good the legs are.

Basically, certain things are just not sophisticated, and micro-mini's and navel peircings are among them. What they are is trendy, sexy and youthful. They suit people who can still shop in Miss Selfridge. But while women over 30 can still be sexy nd fashionable, they are no longer youthful and most cannot fit into any of the cutting-edge trendy gear that Miss Selfrige sells.......To my mind, it is best to strive for classic sophistication at that point, rather than attempt to don youthful accoutrements in a misguided attempt to appear younger.

THAT is what I wanted to say to my mate, and to certain other freinds I would have! But she is the sort of person who goes around asking everyones opinion, and then does exactly what she wants anyway, so my opinion would have been moot unless it matched her own. Which in this case, it most certainly didn't!

05-08-2005, 07:14 AM
I voted age doesn't matter - each to their own as last spring at the ripe old age of 43 I had my navel pierced.
05-08-2005, 07:20 AM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I voted age doesn't matter - each to their own as last spring at the ripe old age of 43 I had my navel pierced.

Well, good for you ILS. You are right, of course - age shouldn't matter and it is very much each to their own.

And actually the fact that to me age does make a difference probably says more about me than i would normally care to reveal (like uptight, wizend old hag).........