Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Birth Certificate
25-11-2006, 05:40 PM
New Birth Certificate

Is there a way you can get a duplicate of your birth certificate? I seem to have lost mine and I'll need it for things eg getting a new passport (which I've also lost!)
The fact that both are lost makes me think that they're both in the same place. I remember using them both when filling out forms for my new job.
But I've literally turned the whole house upside down and cannot find them.
Now I'm not too worried about the passport as I know how to get another one but I have no idea how to go about getting a new birth certificate.
I feel as though I don't exist!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2006, 06:14 PM
New Birth Certificate
all i can say is pj pj pj what are we gonna do with you?? u could change identity? or join mi5 and get given a new identity? or go raking in the bins for someones bill and steal their one?

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
25-11-2006, 06:26 PM
New Birth Certificate
There is a place where you can apply for a duplicate birth certificate. According to my mother, you can get a duplicate from St Catherine's House, but I don't know if that is just for England, or for the entire UK (and of course, the info could be hopelessly out of date, given that it is from my bonkers Mum....).

Do a search on google. There are definitely places where you can apply for duplicate birth certs and I'm sure you'll find the info you need from there.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2006, 06:45 PM
New Birth Certificate
I think you have to apply to the place where your birth was first registered PJ. Find out how much it is now and send the cheque to save time.
25-11-2006, 06:54 PM
New Birth Certificate
PJ Wrote:Is there a way you can get a duplicate of your birth certificate? I seem to have lost mine and I'll need it for things eg getting a new passport (which I've also lost!)
The fact that both are lost makes me think that they're both in the same place. I remember using them both when filling out forms for my new job.
But I've literally turned the whole house upside down and cannot find them.
Now I'm not too worried about the passport as I know how to get another one but I have no idea how to go about getting a new birth certificate.
I feel as though I don't exist!

I got one from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages at my local Council office (in the town where I was born). Obviously you have to take proof of identity etc, but it was pretty easy.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
25-11-2006, 07:56 PM
New Birth Certificate
What Pan said. :good:
25-11-2006, 08:19 PM
New Birth Certificate
Pandora Wrote:I got one from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages at my local Council office (in the town where I was born). Obviously you have to take proof of identity etc, but it was pretty easy.

I got a duplicate of Mr B's from there when we got married as his mum couldn't find it...but maybe that was because she did not want me to be his wife!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
26-11-2006, 01:17 PM
New Birth Certificate
Pandora Wrote:I got one from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages at my local Council office (in the town where I was born). Obviously you have to take proof of identity etc, but it was pretty easy.
I'll try that then. Did you have to pay?

I found this website where you can order another one for about £30 - does anyone know how reliable these websites are? Or do you think I'd be better just doing it in person?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
26-11-2006, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2006 01:47 PM by Northern angel.)
New Birth Certificate
PJ Wrote:I'll try that then. Did you have to pay?

I found this website where you can order another one for about £30 - does anyone know how reliable these websites are? Or do you think I'd be better just doing it in person?

Hello PJ,

To the best of my knowledge and experience, you have to apply in person at The registry of Births Marriages and Deaths.

They will offer you one of two options a Copy of the Master redrafted or a redraft of your registry entry. I have three birth certificates the original, which I temporarily couldn't find at the time of applying for a passport, A copy of the Master redrafted and a small certificate which is just a redraft of my registry number entry. You also need identity and proof of your present address to get one.

Avoid Websites that offer you copies of your birth certificate they are not valid documents for official purposes. How can you sign to say you've received it, how can the registra witness who you are on a website, they can't.

I presume the situation is similar in Scotland, and that they will cost you. The thing is they must also have the registry office stamp on them to say that they authentic copies taken from an original master entry held at there office, and must be signed by the registra.

Hope you get what you want.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
26-11-2006, 01:51 PM
New Birth Certificate
Figaro Wrote:There is a place where you can apply for a duplicate birth certificate. According to my mother, you can get a duplicate from St Catherine's House, but I don't know if that is just for England, or for the entire UK (and of course, the info could be hopelessly out of date, given that it is from my bonkers Mum....).

Do a search on google. There are definitely places where you can apply for duplicate birth certs and I'm sure you'll find the info you need from there.

Good luck!

Hello Figaro,

Isn't it St Catherine's house you apply to if you want to change your identity? You know if you fancy a name change. The deed poll office. Not sure.?

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A birth too fast? Eternity 15 1,575 16-10-2005 03:29 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Birth control - what do you use/recommend? Gelastic 21 1,540 30-05-2005 03:37 PM
Last Post: ils