Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Malaysian laws
31-07-2006, 04:17 PM
New Malaysian laws

Shortly after banning botox for fear of it containing pig products, the inimitable Malaysian lawmakers tackled the real scourge of Society.

Effective today, it is illegal to name children after a Japanese car.

Picture poor little Toyota Corolla and her brother Honda Prelude running around kindergarten being teased by little Fiat Panda for having a banned name.

Curiously, the name Smelly Dog was also specifically banned, as were all other names linked to animals (and insects, colours, and a few other things). I should discuss with my banker in Hong Kong, whose name is King Kong (I jest not, his business card really does say "King Kong").

Also someone at a friends company in Hong Kong was called "Cheung Nine Dick" - surname comes first in three name Chinese names, so he is called Nine Dick by his friends, and we hope, nothing lesser by romantic friends.

Sounds like Hong Kong needs the laws as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2006, 05:36 PM
New Malaysian laws
LOL - wasn't "Hitler" another of the kiddies names banned?

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
04-08-2006, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2006 12:54 PM by gatubela.)
New Malaysian laws
Got me thinking, does England have any banned names? Or is it entirely on the trust system that noone will name their child Satan or the like.
04-08-2006, 04:02 PM
New Malaysian laws
Well I called my second hamster Barrabas and I got some very funny looks at the vet's. :bag:

Bollox to potplants
05-08-2006, 12:29 AM
New Malaysian laws
floppy floopy, I have it on good authority that you get funny looks from most everywhere you tend to venture...xxoo :w00t:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ridiculous Child Seat Laws Groucho 11 1,638 28-09-2006 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn