Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year Resolutions.........
17-12-2004, 08:50 AM

Are you going to make any New Years Resolutions this year and if so what are they?

Or do you not bother with them anymore, because you know what ever you decided to do, by Jan 2nd everything has gone out the window? :blink:
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2004, 09:30 AM
I am saying this really quietly cos I know I will get ear bashed if I fail or slip!!

But I am going to give the giving up smoking a real hard think!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2004, 09:40 AM
I always say I will lose a bit of weight, eat healthier and take more exercise.....so far I have managed to keep it up to March...on my best year! Blush

Mind you...I did set my self one to finish a screenplay by August and succeeded.....twice! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 10:24 AM
I dont tend to make them, as i dont believe in them. Its like diets - as soon as you say you are going on a diet you eat more !!! People invite you for lunch, you pig out on crisps cos you are low, and you dive into the choccie tin at every opportunity.

Its best just to cut down when you feel like it, and not because a 'date' dictates it.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
17-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Absolutely Bonnie...says Coastie having just scoffed a huge chocolate choux fresh cream bun! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Flip, I promise I'm not going to preach cos I know how excrutiating it is... but this is how I finally did it. Five years ago I intended to do the deed as a New Year Resolution, but I tricked myself by suddenly deciding to stop on the 22nd December when I ran out of fags. I simply didn't buy a packet that day.

Well, of course it hurt, but because life was so full for the next week or so the pain just kind of merged into the background. And all the rich food and goodies helped, too.

So when New Years Day arrived I was already on the way and the worst of the pain was history.
17-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Well Done Dab.....excellent!

FLIP...we will support you!

17-12-2004, 12:58 PM
I will try and get fitter (although I say this every year)
And, I will try and give up smoking too (although I say this every year too)

:sad:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2004 01:59 PM by karenh.)
I always make New Year's resolutions - and I usually keep them too! At the very least, I make a long and serious attempt to do so.

But, I usually make only 1 resolution - and it is always something that I actually have control over and that I want to achieve throughout the course of the year (e.g. by next year I will have lost weight, learnt this new skill, have moved house etc).

I dunno why I choose New Year to make these goals though. Must be because there is something about a new year which signals a new start. Anyway, seems like a good time to do it!

This year my resolution is that I will not let work take over my life the way it has done at certain time this year. I am going to be more assertive and put myself, my family and friends first.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
17-12-2004, 06:33 PM
dab Wrote:but I tricked myself by suddenly deciding to stop on the 22nd December when I ran out of fags. I simply didn't buy a packet that day.

Dab that is so me - I love tricking myself, but yours wasn't pre-planned was it - the situation sort of came upon you. I doubt I could be so organised now as to trick myself with the same trick - but you never know something else may happen?? Well done btw!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another year, another resolution doodah 12 5,365 24-03-2011 07:24 AM
Last Post: jannypan
  New Year. Something to look forward to? karenh 12 2,883 02-12-2008 07:51 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Happy New Year Rob 15 2,684 09-01-2007 02:21 PM
Last Post: Bob
  New Year's Eve - what are you doing? Dolores 47 5,167 02-01-2007 07:01 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Bringing in the New Year with a BANG! PJ 20 2,640 07-01-2006 04:02 PM
Last Post: PJ
  HAPPY NEW YEAR! Read after midnight! Coastie 25 3,094 05-01-2006 05:30 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  On line New Year's Eve Party..... Dolores 47 4,199 05-01-2006 08:59 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  What's Your New Year's Resolution? Patsy 21 2,639 02-01-2006 06:57 PM
Last Post: Hazel
  New Year's Honours maxine 14 2,335 31-12-2005 10:22 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Geez there are so many carol singers around this year! bridge 16 2,341 30-12-2005 11:12 AM
Last Post: Bonsai