Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New career ?
30-05-2006, 09:42 AM
New career ?

I dont know if everyone is like me, but you half heartedly say you are looking for a new job ..... but never do anything about it.

Then one day you DO something in the right direction, and thats it - you are massively job hunting.

Well that day is today.

I have just called the council about a job going in a brand new primary school. They want an administrator and the money is good, not brilliant but good. The location is about 4 mins from my home, and you get all school holidays off work.

I have asked for an application and more details - but i might not get it in time. The cut off date is 2nd June, and by the time they have sent the application, i have completed it plus re done my CV i might not make it. I also might not get an interview if i did. But i feel im making the right steps to a new job.

Its strange, the job i currently have is OK, and im busy a lot of the time and i have learnt loads about Investments. Its a shame not to use my investment skills anymore, BUT it just doesnt 'do' it for me. Plus the managers dont give a stuff about the work force.

So - who knows what the future might bring .... but its kinda exciting. I might be waiting a long while for a job as im very selective about the area i want to work. I would hate to commute to Ipswich, so i want to stay in the very local area i live in - and jobs are hard to come by, especially in offices as there arent many here :unsure:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2006, 09:55 AM
New career ?
Good luck Bons, come what may!! I started out of High School working as a civiilian for the Government/Army and did all kinds of exciting work and broke barriers for women in showing the guys I worked with I wasn't a 'powder puff', and after being made redundant from there, I had a data entry job, and a sewing job, before getting into childcare/pre-shool. I've had 2 f/t jobs in it so far and still p/t fro a really nice lady who pays really welll. I miss my Government job b/c I learned sooooo much and had FUN, but life goes on and twist and turns, don't it??!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
30-05-2006, 10:01 AM
New career ?
Hello Bonsai,

Think positive and good luck.

Maureen
Northern angel.:yahoo:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
30-05-2006, 11:51 AM
New career ?
ooh good luck bons!!:smartie:

just think of those long summer holidays!!:cool1: would you finish earlier in the day too? mega....

bam bam
30-05-2006, 12:23 PM
New career ?
Bons. Take tomorrow off sick, update your CV and hand it in to the school personally.

Or, update your CV at work, then take time off to hand it in to the school. You have to do this, for me as well as you. It's my dream job, so if I can't do it, you have to.

DO IT NOW!!!!
30-05-2006, 12:47 PM
New career ?
Patsy Wrote:DO IT NOW!!!!
Its not as simple as that. I have to wait for the application form to arrive - and the new headmistress sends them out, and they didnt know if she was around today !!!

I will update my CV this evening though - so if i do get the form i can fill it in at work (boss is away) and pop it over there in my lunch hour.

Even if it did all work out - and i was interviewed .... i still might not be able to take the job financially. I would have to know exactly what the money would be (there is a £4k scale on the job online, and i dont know where in the scale i would be) and work it out.

Mr.B thinks it would be fab.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
30-05-2006, 03:41 PM
New career ?
Bonsai Wrote:Mr.B thinks it would be fab.

And so do I. Just think, this week I could be off with my boys, instead of sitting at work getting phone calls from them every half hour. Sad
30-05-2006, 04:52 PM
New career ?
Bonsai Wrote:- but i might not get it in time... i might not make it... I also might not get an interview if i did...Even if it did all work out ... i still might not be able to take the job ...

Sorry to say this Bons but you sound far too negative and wishywashy about the whole thing - if you get an interview you'll have to sound more positive if you really are interested in the job.

In your shoes, I'd be round the school asking for an application form tomorrow, or if thee head has to send them out (eh?) email her. You've got to look keen.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
30-05-2006, 05:56 PM
New career ?
Bonny, Patsy and SF are right...GET THERE NOW! These jobs are like gold dust - I should know I have one. I do the finances for a school and it really is a good job with lots of growth.

If you want any help with your application PM me, when you get the application form you have to make sure you 'address the critieria'.

Go first thing tomorrow and pick one up or I shall have to shoot you....and your dog.

:gunsmilie
30-05-2006, 06:01 PM
New career ?
I wish you luck Bonsai - but I'm gonna be a party pooper here!

Why would a young woman with no children want a job with all the school holidays off? i don't geddit really to be honest.

Sorry to be a party pooper! (god I feel really guilty now, but it's what I think!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...