Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News on G4
17-12-2004, 09:44 PM
News on G4

Louis Walsh was a guest on Gerry Kelly's chat show in Northern Ireland tonight. The main reason for the appearance was to promote G4, who he has taken on to manage. He confirmed their first CD would be out for Mother's Day next year. He also said there was a lot of politics behind the scenes that no one knew about. For instance, cute blond one from G4 had apparently auditioned for Il Divo.. and did not make the cut... courtesy of Simon Cowell. Louis is promoting them big time, if for no other reason to outsell Steve and get one up on Simon Cowell. He also confirmed he would be back on the new season of X Factor as would Sharon Osborne.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2004, 09:47 PM
News on G4
Louis is a big loser!

Good info though BB!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
17-12-2004, 10:44 PM
News on G4
borneobabe Wrote:Louis Walsh was a guest on Gerry Kelly's chat show in Northern Ireland tonight. The main reason for the appearance was to promote G4, who he has taken on to manage. He confirmed their first CD would be out for Mother's Day next year. He also said there was a lot of politics behind the scenes that no one knew about. For instance, cute blond one from G4 had apparently auditioned for Il Divo.. and did not make the cut... courtesy of Simon Cowell. Louis is promoting them big time, if for no other reason to outsell Steve and get one up on Simon Cowell. He also confirmed he would be back on the new season of X Factor as would Sharon Osborne.

i like Louis, i hope G4 do really well and outsell Steve i want to see the smug grin knocked off Cowells face! :boxing:
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2004, 10:22 AM
News on G4
bridge Wrote:i like Louis, i hope G4 do really well and outsell Steve i want to see the smug grin knocked off Cowells face! :boxing:

I think this kind of thinking is totally in place with the Xfactor programme but it just goes to show everything that is wrong with the music business today. Not enough bands are formed naturally and there is far too much emphasis on music "moguls" like Walsh and Cowell.

Thank god every 10 years of so a group of real note such as Oasis come on the scene, shake things up and take it by storm!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-12-2004, 10:43 AM
News on G4
I don't think G4 compare well with Il Divo, at all. It's boys versus men, really, isn't it? It doesn't surprise me to hear that Jonathon failed to make the grade for a genuine class act, and it also explains the chip on his shoulder regarding Simon Cowell's judgement in the latter stages of X Factor, once his confidence had been pumped up a bit.

I sincerely hope Louis and Sharon are replaced for the next series, because I'd like to watch it.
18-12-2004, 01:19 PM
News on G4
Dolores Wrote:I think this kind of thinking is totally in place with the Xfactor programme but it just goes to show everything that is wrong with the music business today. Not enough bands are formed naturally and there is far too much emphasis on music "moguls" like Walsh and Cowell.

Thank god every 10 years of so a group of real note such as Oasis come on the scene, shake things up and take it by storm!

I totally agree. Cowell, Walsh etc, etc, are the worst thing to happen for music in years. They have no interest in music whatsoever, it is all about the money.
I can't believe people voted for/against singers/groups because of their manager! It SHOULD have been about their talent.
That's why I wouldn't buy any of the contestants music, because it is generally, bland and manufactured, with no soul or heart to it. Sad.

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
18-12-2004, 02:59 PM
News on G4
Lyndsay Wrote:I totally agree. Cowell, Walsh etc, etc, are the worst thing to happen for music in years. They have no interest in music whatsoever, it is all about the money.
I can't believe people voted for/against singers/groups because of their manager! It SHOULD have been about their talent.
That's why I wouldn't buy any of the contestants music, because it is generally, bland and manufactured, with no soul or heart to it. Sad.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i did not vote for G4 because i wanted Louis to beat Cowell, it is about the music, and talent. I could'nt really care less about the judges but like i said i do like Louis, but find Simon too far up his own arse!
18-12-2004, 09:53 PM
News on G4
I saw Il Divo (for the first time ever) on two different shows tonight, once singing "My Way" and once singing "Oh Holy Night". I expected to have my socks knocked off but in fact I found them very bland. I didn't think there was much clever in each of them singing a bit of the song, in turn. They all sound very similar. I prefer G4 who, I think, in a recording studio with a chance to re-do the bits they get wrong, will be quite good :laugh:
20-12-2004, 12:54 PM
News on G4
I sincerely hope they get new judges in for the next X factor, we have all had our fill of Sharon Osborne's showing off and playing to the camera. I heard that Victoria Beckham was in the frame for becoming a judge . Whatever, just so long as Sharon moves over for someone else or it is just going to be a repeat of the first one with S and Louis "ganging up" on Simon - yawn!!
20-12-2004, 01:32 PM
News on G4
I hope Sharon is coming back for another series of X-Factor, she is great on the show, i wish they would get another judge instead of Cowell though, but it being HIS show that would be hard! :laugh: Hmmmmm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  X factor news update. Northern angel 19 3,576 31-08-2006 09:49 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Breaking News!!! Cat 44 5,977 07-01-2006 07:53 AM
Last Post: Woodstock