Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Year....
06-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Next Year....

Okay...a few of us, me included, weren't so grabbed by this years show, so what should they change IF they do another series?

I'd actually like to see a different venue...something more akin to a desert island (although I can understand the TV company thinking they have spent alot of time and money on the current set up so they want to use it again and again till it all falls down).

I think more mental challenges would be fun...kinda like the Crystal Maze.

Obviously it goes without saying but...a better mix of celebrities would be good....the show this year lacked the personality clashes of the previous shows and everyone...bar Carole..was well rather dull!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2005, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2005 07:35 AM by Woodstock.)
Next Year....
They'll definitely do another series. I hope they do several more.
For me, I would like to see the elimination aspect of the show scrapped. I don't think people need to be eliminated and i personally believe it does not send out the right kind of message to society in general when we have to send a person packing simply because they're not as likeable as another or others. There seems to be this obsession with having people eliminated in this new/ish breed of reality shows.

Those who work in the production area of the shows could still find other means of having the public go some length to funding their series. We could still have the daily voting system. Okay, we all have our favourites, in terms of those that participate, whether they be celebrities or non, but if there is one thing i have realized, particularly since i've been a member of this forum, is that we as viewers are a rather fickle bunch, and we can quickly have our perceptions of those participants altered - even on a daily basis. We might take a liking to one celeb one day and then because of some negative action on their part (perhaps something they said or a gesture they made towards another) we can suddenly find ourselves not liking them quite as much as we thought we did. And then a couple of days on and we're back to liking them once more, due to their having righted their wrongs or earning a little portion of our respect simply through having made a real effort in a trial etc.

I think a show such as I'm A Celebrity could easily accomodate all participants for the whole duration of the series and still come up with a "Queen/King of The Jungle". I find that I really enjoy seeing a larger number of people in the camp as not only does it add ambience to proceedings but there will obviously be moments when one or two participants aren't particularly feeling in the mood to participate in the manner we and their fellow campmates would expect them to, and so there has to be those other participants present to ensure there aren't going to be any awkward gaps where nobody says or does anything interesting.

I think the worst aspect of the show is what i would label the "end-of-holiday factor" - as the numbers of participants gradually dwindle and we suddenly find ourselves with only 3-4 remaining in the camp, there develops a real anti-climactic feel and rather than enjoying the show as you did when all the celebrities were present, you find that really you just want it to come to a close - much as you do as you near the end of a holiday/vacation. For me, I'm not all that interested in who is crowned and sat on a throne at the culmination of the show - rather i am more intrigued by the interaction of a large group of egos, and if that was the dominant theme without the underlying competitiveness then i think the show would be all the better for it.

Another thing i have noticed is a slight alteration in the mood of Ant & Dec as the camp numbers reduce. There appears to me to be more energy about their presenting when the numbers are higher and the delivery of their humour packs a little more punch than what it does when most of the celebs have been sent packing.

The trials are becoming rather repetitive - and i could have said that two series ago and the statement would have still had some substance to it.
I think Coastie makes a fair point - as much as the jungle setting is a great one, there are only so many ideas you can generate for one single environment in terms of trials before they start becoming banal. Where else they could go I have no idea but for me personally I'm happy to see them remain in the jungle because as i said, it is the interaction element and not much else that holds the appeal for me.

I wasn't all that fond of Kimberley Davies, Antony Costa, Jilly Goolden or David Dickinson, but once we had lost them I think I'm A Celebrity lost some of it's attraction. I'm just not sure it's all that necessary to have people thrown out - particularly since I presume, a whole lot of effort was made in order to have them appear together on the show in the first place. I'll use Tommy Cannon as an example. He flies out all the way to Australia with his best pal, we put him through one trial, and then that's the last we see of him. Probably the last we'll ever see of him in terms of entertainment.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Next Year....
I agree with that Woodstock it was much more entertaining when the camp was full.
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Next Year....
I'd like to see 2 teams of celebs battle it out - a bit like Survivor both teams do the challenge and the winner gets the food! Obviously it would have be slightly different otherwise there would be a court case and someone suing someone for damages for stealing their idea, but I think this would be good!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Next Year....
Bella Wrote:I'd like to see 2 teams of celebs battle it out - a bit like Survivor both teams do the challenge and the winner gets the food! Obviously it would have be slightly different otherwise there would be a court case and someone suing someone for damages for stealing their idea, but I think this would be good!

I too think it should be more like survivor, and that they should vote one another out, and not let the public do it (although i know this is a money earner for ITV).

I also think (as has been suggested) it should be on an island, and like Survivor they should catch / kill their own food. So they will be eating fish and rats - and they should only have a basic ration of rice and beans.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Next Year....
Thing is though Woodstock, they have to make the money from the phone calls.
Like a lot of folk have said, I want to see more challenges.
Two teams would be good, more scheming as in the real survivor.
More physically demanding. I think we know that eating bugs and things when living in that environment is doable. For me the shock factor of eating bugs and being covered in slime has worn off.
Make them stand on a log for 18 hours!
Get them out of that camp more often and make them catch their own food.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Next Year....
The series went by so fast this year. i would like to see more personality clashes, and really horrible nasty trials, and also Ant and Dec having to do a trial would be good too.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Next Year....
A Celebrity Survivor would be excellent, I dont know why they stopped the Survivor series anyway. What happened to Charlotte the Harlot and Chatty Bridgit. It would be even better with slebs.
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Next Year....
readers found gold in the wow profession
get gold in wow crafting profession
security concerns can not be ignored when buy cheap wow gold/
be in shape while playing wow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eviction Interviews this year.... Pandora 9 3,090 05-12-2005 06:14 PM
Last Post: Rob
  General Discussion on this year's show.... Dolores 14 4,516 05-12-2005 05:02 PM
Last Post: Pandora