Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off the top. Who is the real winner?
09-10-2005, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2005 06:38 PM by Northern angel.)

Hello survivors.

Presuming we have all read, researched and typed a great deal about what we all think the x factor programme is about?

Are you prepared to take a good guess now at who you think will be the overall winner?

Will it be

a) SHARON OSBOURNE
b) LOUIS WALSH
c) SIMON COWELL
d) TELEPHONE COMPANY
e) TELEVISION COMPANY
f) PROGRAMME SPONSORS
g) RECORD COMPANY
h) MUSIC INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES & RELATED PR MARKETING CONCERNS

AND DARE I SAY IT

i) A CONTESTANT.

Pardon my scepticism, it would be lovely if the programme was about real music. but if last year is anything to go by - the real winners will again be those listed a - h.

Having said that this years winner by phone voting could well be a group. Although god forbid it the proclaimers sound alike from Teeside. :cry:

Maureen
Northern angel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
....and what's wrong with Teesside??? :unsure:

(The other Maureen! :blink: )

{In Teesside}

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Eternity Wrote:....and what's wrong with Teesside??? :unsure:

(The other Maureen! :blink: )

{In Teesside}

There is nothing wrong with Teeside. But if 2 lads who sound more like football fans than singers make progress, wouldn't you think something is desperately wrong.

Maureen.
Northern Angel.
09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
NA,

We are clearly kindred souls! We think alike.

The TV companies, Cowell, etc, all will do well. The format is such that they have a very good product to sell through TV, and it will succeed for all of them. No risk to any of them.

Question 2, can any of the contestants actually go on to make an independant career for themselves? These are the people at risk (they will, or they won't, become successful. The TV companies, producers and presenters have all locked in their success).

So who has the X factor? For me:

(1) 4tune. They look great, and ca nreally sing. Cowell goes on about "too perfect", but with the right songwriters, this is better than Westlife or any other of the previous boybands, because the natural talent is there.
(2) Shayne. Unknown, but his singing is so effortless, how good could he be? He was the only one who didn't look like he needed to try to really provide the goods. Aagain, in good management, he has the look, just needs the sponsorship.
(3) Maria. Great voice, but how many women have that voice? Too many. Its a replacement for a spent whoever. But we have Carey, Dion, Braxton, Cassidy, just too many women with superb voices - why have another unless its manufactured tripe? (a la Spice)

So, my opinion, Shayne and 4 tune have something, the rest not
10-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I really like Shayne but really do not want Louis to win.

I don't like 4tune but want Simon to win.

Ooooh the dilema......

I fear that Louis will wind up being the biggest winner again this year as he has the most talent in his stable.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't care if Louie, Sharon or Simon win as long as they produce a good singer/singers who can stand the test of time!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vote now for the winner! Coastie 12 2,182 27-11-2005 02:42 PM
Last Post: bridge