Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Line Shopping
21-11-2004, 01:57 PM
On Line Shopping

I'm very very excited, I've just placed my first online grocery shopping order with Tescos. Smile

I can't wait for Tuesday evening now! Hopefully it will be here just before IAC so I can watch it and enjoy a bottle of wine and a packet of cadbury's snaps! What joy!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2004, 02:29 PM
On Line Shopping
I hope you have a better experience than me. I've refused to use them again after they failed to turn up for the THIRD time a few weeks ago. I also numerous problems with them not delivering stuff I should have had, and leaving other people's shopping with me!! On one occasion they were late and actually had the nerve to turn up on my doorstep at 11.30pm on a weeknight!! (I kid you not). Online shopping is a great idea but it really does need to be done properly. I have complained on every occasion and I just hope other people do the same!
21-11-2004, 02:40 PM
On Line Shopping
I've used Tesco online a few times and found them OK.
I don't use them every week because my trip up to do the shopping is my little bit of quiet away from the boys (sad I know)
But when I have used them, I've had everything that I asked for and they delivered in the alloted slot.
21-11-2004, 02:47 PM
On Line Shopping
I have used Tesco's online many times. Sometimes sucessfully and sometimes not.... I have had shopping missing, been given other peoples shopping, sometimes they have been really late and even once they delivered the day after it should have been. I personally prefer to go myself as if they don't have in stock what I want, I can chose a substitue or go without, obviously the person doing your shopping wouldn't know what you would want to do.

How good the service is depends on the store ..........

good store = good home shopping service, bad store = bad home shopping service!
21-11-2004, 02:54 PM
On Line Shopping
I used Tesco for a few weeks prior to giving birth to Freddie, and must say I found them very good.

:wave:
21-11-2004, 04:34 PM
On Line Shopping
Maybe it depends which Tesco you use, but I've used Tesco online several times and had fairly mixed service.

I only use them when we've been away on holiday and I always arrange for the shoping to be delivered a couple of hours after we are due to return home.

To be fair, most of the time they have been brilliant, but there have been one or two errors over the years I've used them.

On one ocassion I got somone else's shopping and it was murder trying to get them to sort out the problem. On another ocassion half thes stuff was missing and they hadn't replaced the items with alternative brands - and it was all the essential stuff like loo roll and milk. The 3rd mistake (a favourable one) was the correct shopping, but it included a case of wine when we'd only ordered a bottle. They hadn't charged any extra for the additional wine, and when we very honestly rang them and told them about the mistake, they basicially said "Well, its our mistake - not yours. Keep it!". Excellent!

I will continue to use them. Smile

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-11-2004, 04:41 PM
On Line Shopping
Wow, Karen, I wish they'd make that kind of mistake with me:drinking:

That was good of them to let you keep it.
And well done to you for calling them and being very honest about it.
21-11-2004, 04:49 PM
On Line Shopping
Andrea Wrote:Wow, Karen, I wish they'd make that kind of mistake with me:drinking:

That was good of them to let you keep it.
And well done to you for calling them and being very honest about it.

Yeah - excellent wasn't it! I fear it was a one off though :sad: Them letting us keep the stuff, that is -not our honesty! :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-11-2004, 06:04 PM
On Line Shopping
I used to work for Tesco's a few years ago and that is their policy. (I used to take the phone calls re home shopping) If you get a couple of items that aren't yours they normally tell you to keep them.
22-11-2004, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2004 11:17 PM by Flip.)
On Line Shopping
Haven't tried grocery shopping online yet, but I've been tempted to give Sainsbury's a go. I did try ordering online from Tesco, but it was just an item from their electrics department- a travel kettle, I think. Took 6 weeks to arrive, so, umm, it's a travel kettle that has never travelled, bless its little soul.

I do want to try the online grocery thing, though. What joy to be able to anonymously order as many cigs and as much booze, junkfood and chocolate as I like without having to go through a checkout and be subjected to the usual 'you'll wreck your figure'/'having a party?'/'crikey, that's a heavy habit you've got there' testicles. =)

Diplomacy is the art of letting other people have your way
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  On line Dating Dolores 18 3,482 14-09-2009 08:41 AM
Last Post: karenh
  Christmas shopping experiences (sorry SF) tigger 25 1,832 21-12-2006 09:34 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Free Keyring For Shopping Trolleys Seabreeze 1 794 25-10-2006 06:11 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Next time you go shopping.... Andrea 9 1,516 24-10-2006 09:54 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  On line New Year's Eve Party..... Dolores 47 3,121 05-01-2006 08:59 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Ever gone out foreign for Christmas shopping Aondeag 10 1,119 06-12-2005 10:45 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Clothes shopping: Do you do it with your partner? karenh 21 1,756 05-08-2005 07:30 PM
Last Post: karenh
  Time Line Therapy report Marmoset 11 1,199 07-07-2005 06:51 PM
Last Post: Marmoset
  Time Line Therapy Marmoset 12 1,179 30-06-2005 01:07 PM
Last Post: Becks
  Line dancing in Malta jaycee 2 570 29-04-2005 05:59 PM
Last Post: Cat