Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week in.... your thoughts on the contestants so far.....
26-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Antony - An idiot. Thick, boring and over-reacts outrageously. Reacted as if the girls had been taken away and garrotted when told of the Jail, and acted like a spoiled brat while Carol got on with things during the Treasure Chest Trial. Blindingly obvious he was going to get dumped with the Scary-aoke bush tucker trial and if he does well, this might just save his neck.

Sid - Seems affable enough, if a little dense.

Jimmy - Very friendly but doesnt seem to say much, though that could be because there are some rather loud personalities in there. If he stays in, I reckon he will come out of his shell more.

Tommy Cannon - I like him. Mucks in with the cooking, has a calming influence and seems pleasant enough. May start integrating all the more if his siamese twin, Bobby is booted out.

Bobby Ball - Takes the **** a lot and was occasionally funny, but has started getting a bit arsey and up himself, which is a pity. Both fellas did well during their bumblebee trial though, Id have been VERY scared.

David Dickinson - Has shaken off the "Dad" mantle with gusto and turned into a pompous windbag.:mad2: Over-reacted totally about the Jail, claiming that if he were sent there, two big lads would have to be sent to drag him out. Was incredibly patronising toward Jenny to the camera, making out he knew best because he was "older".... What a pompous tw @t :ranting:

Kimberley - looks bored, disdainful, ****ed off, bored, totally unimpressed, bored, irritable, annoyed, bored............ (may just pip thicko Antony to the post re being booted out of camp).

Sheree - irritating in the extreme. Even Jenny Frost was getting ****ed off with her stupid screaming in the jail, which was getting more and more theatrical by the minute and prompted Jenny to ask irritably more than once (on the live feed), "is there any-bloody-thing you arent scared of????":mad2:

Jenny - I like her. She refused to let the ever self important and pompous David order her around because she is "young", during the Treasure Chest Trial. Her idea to "blag" it actually turned out to be right. Much to David's annoyance.

Jilly - Almost, but not quite as pompous and self important as David.

Carol - I think her "straight talking without a hint of humour" would grate after a while. She is a ballsy woman though and nothing so far seem to faze her. Doesnt whinge half as much as, say, David or Antony. Im still gobsmacked at her bravery during the bug eating. She sailed through it despite the heaving and retching.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Dickie Bird- bossy
Sid-good fun
Jimmy-sincere
Jenny-alright
Sheree-babyish
Anthony-moaner
Ball- pain in the ar-se
Cannon-seems an alright kind of guy
Carole-a good laugh
Jilly-annoying

have i missed anyone?

Oh yeah Kimberly- vain

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2005, 09:55 AM
To be honest..after a week of watching it, none of them have made much of an impression on me.
They have not been interesting/outrageous/controversial enought to provoke much anger or annoyance etc any more.
They are wearing a bit thin,...it's all very yawnsome...
if it does'nt spice up a bit...I will have to stop watching.
(Ant and Dec are very watchable tho'....)
:-)

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
29-11-2005, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2005 11:18 AM by Woodstock.)
Jilly Goolden-Brown (texture like sun)
I don't know why I like her, but I like her. Probably because there isn't much to dislike about her (although that accent is liable to get on one's nerves after a while). Occasional bossy-boots-and-hoping-to-get-away-with-it-scot-free, she was likeable but rather wooden. We the viewers needed a leetle bit more "Tara Palmer-Tomkinson" out of her when all we got was....."the Queen's Corgisvery level-headed personal minder" from her. Shame. Absolute shame - 'cos I saw a bit of the "raver" in her, just.....just.....just waiting to explode.....but she persisted with restraint. Lovely woman.

C. Thatch (or Carol Thatcher - our country's former prime minister, or was that Marg......no! - it was most certainly Carol.....)
I feckin'-well missed the darn trials she part-took in alongside Goolden- Brown (texture like sun) which irked me to high heaven. However I caught a little excerpt on the This Morning show (I was only eating my sandwiches at the time so it was okay....:sick: )
I appreciated the wonderful Treetop Motoring trial - that was a bit special really. And overall she has a refreshing persona about her. Quite a character she is. A chip off the old block that is her father - John Major.....I also enjoyed the moment she kept, should we say extremely quiet, one could go further and say almost suspiciously so, when the camp heard about the phantom urinator. Jolly good show C. Thatch......butter wouldn't melt.....but if the fellow campers ever do find out......urine real trouble.....Blush

Dickie Davidson
gave a good account of himself early doors but I think he's just Lord Brockett in disguise. There's a certain deviousness about him that the viewers will have picked up on by now. If they have then he'll be out of there by Thursday (Tursday if you live in Ireland)

Sid Owen
not amused by this selection

Antony Costa del Dull
as our prime minister Carol Thather once famously said....."I am not amused!"

Sheree and Tweedledee (Jenny Frost)
Eye candy....hmmm perhaps, but offering little in the way of good old-fashioned campside banter, especially the Frosty one. Actually, I think I'm being unfair on Sheree - she comes across well and occasionally shines but Ms. Frost is a bit of a woolgatherer and wallflower. Go home woman, if you don't like it. (we'll see beyond the old (and it is old now) Kerry McFadden-sponsored tricks

Little & Large (.....or is it Can......no! - I was correct first time around)
Definitely brought to the camp that which was glaringly absent prior to their arrival. Shame Sid Little left 'cos I really believe Eddie Large needs him around.....

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
29-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Kimberley Davies & Elaine Lardass
two teriffic thespians in their own right!!........

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored: