Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening a file
31-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Opening a file

I need to open a file that contains an animation and Im experiencing some problems. I've saved the file to my desktop and then I'm informed I need to download shockwave player. I follow the instructions which tells me that the installation is complete but when I return to my file to open, there is no record of this newly installed programme. Obviously, I am doing something wrong but not sure what it is. Would there be any guidance available in SOL land?

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Opening a file
Dunno really, you might need to re-boot for the shockwave to be installed properly?
01-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Opening a file
SWF files either need to be referenced in a web page (which would then enable them to load in your browser) or played in a standalone player. The latter is the easiest option, Tonee. You can get a freeware SWF player here: >Swiff Player<.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Opening a file
secrets Wrote:Dunno really, you might need to re-boot for the shockwave to be installed properly?

Thanks Secrets, I tried that and it didnt work but thanks for giving it some thought.

01-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Opening a file
Blink Wrote:SWF files either need to be referenced in a web page (which would then enable them to load in your browser) or played in a standalone player. The latter is the easiest option, Tonee. You can get a freeware SWF player here: >Swiff Player<.

Followed your instructions and the animation played so thanks for this. I think I am a squirrel in this excerpt which is quite funny. No sound but that might not have been added at this stage.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time Blink.

01-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Opening a file
You are a squirrel?

That explains everything.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
01-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Opening a file
Blink Wrote:You are a squirrel?

That explains everything.

please elaborate....

01-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Opening a file
I think you should first tone :ohmy:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Opening a file
I agree.

03-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Opening a file
Tonee - I think what they are trying to get at is... why are you a squirrel?? or perhaps, how did you suddenly become a squirrel?

Where you playing with some nuts when this phenomenon occurred?