Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operating outside your "comfort zone" ...
26-08-2007, 04:36 PM

well ... have you? ... recently?!

me ... no ... well not for the last 13 years after the birth of my son when I moved to a strange and foreign land (well Coastie lives here!) to start a new life for both of us away from London (god how I regret that now - I'm not 100% happy in sleepyville, although I love living near the sea!!!!)

anyhoo - I've decided to "go for it" and operate outside of my comfort zone of work (which I thoroughly enjoy - but doesn't pay me quite enough) and have become a "body shop consultant" ... I've got my first party next Friday night, and although it's hosted by a very good friend who I feel very comfortable with I'm still very very nervous - but at the same time excited and glad to be operating outsdie my "comfort zone".

So come on ... share ... when was the last time you operated outside of your comfort zone and did something that scared/excited/terrified you???!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Can't remember right now, but GOOD FOR YOU DOLLY, you go for it. I am sure you will be a huge success.
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I have been the principal carer for my kids for the last 7 weeks.

Way outside my comfort zone, but quite close to a nervous breakdown.

I never realsised how enjoyable going to work on a Monday morning could be.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
30-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Going to Paris was one of my more recent leaps outside of my comfort zone...in fact going to any country that speaks another language is always a challenge...but I always enjoy it.

The writers course I'm doing is constantly pushing me outside my comfort zone just by the assignments I have to complete. Many are not the sort of thing I have ever wanted to write about or thought I could write about but so far I'm cracking on...although the latest assignment is proving a doozey and I've had it for 3 months already Blush

Next week I have to go on a course to renew a work related qualification. The job it qualifies me for is already one I consider beyond my comfort zone when I have to do it and it is even tougher to renew the ticket for me as I am working with people I do not know. Still if I fail it's no great lose so the pressures not there...in a sense!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
31-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Dolores Wrote:well ... have you? ... recently?!

me ... no ... well not for the last 13 years after the birth of my son when I moved to a strange and foreign land (well Coastie lives here!) to start a new life for both of us away from London (god how I regret that now - I'm not 100% happy in sleepyville, although I love living near the sea!!!!)

anyhoo - I've decided to "go for it" and operate outside of my comfort zone of work (which I thoroughly enjoy - but doesn't pay me quite enough) and have become a "body shop consultant" ... I've got my first party next Friday night, and although it's hosted by a very good friend who I feel very comfortable with I'm still very very nervous - but at the same time excited and glad to be operating outsdie my "comfort zone".

So come on ... share ... when was the last time you operated outside of your comfort zone and did something that scared/excited/terrified you???!

Hello Dolores,

Goodluck with your first Body shop party. Can you get me a new body?

I'd like to look like the dark haired version of Claudia Shiffer.

Singing in Leeds with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra and BBC singers this year, gave me a crazy mood lift that was both frightening and yet mega thrilling at the same time. Wow talk about a wall of sound, fabulous.

First time with an orchestra of that size and dimension terrifying.

Would like to do it again. Maybe some Mahler next time.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I've been doing something outside of my comfort zone and I'm loving it!! And I've started back writing as well!! :yahoo:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, go on then - what is it??

You can't tease us like that :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
well the body shop thingy is going really really well!

I TOTALLY TOTALLY love it! anyone what to host a party?!

so far I've made £100 cash from just two parties and my hosts have received £85 worth of freebies - not too shabby!

so easy to sell too cos it's such a good product. (blimey, don't I have an off button I ask myself!!!)

had a scream tonight at a host's party, not many guests but lots of fun ... on the downside I did have to massage and pamper an old lady's feet ... but hey! a sale's a sale!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Glad you're enjoying it Dol :thumbsup:

Are you going to treat yourself to some decent cosmetics with your profits? :bag:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Fee For All Wrote:Are you going to treat yourself to some decent cosmetics with your profits? :bag:

good lord - I only sell it, I wouldn't use that **** (Only kidding Dame Anita!).