Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other halfs and the board
28-08-2005, 11:46 AM

Me being nosey again!

How do your partners, family react to the amount of time you spend on the board?

I've often wondered about those of you with husbands, wives, live in partners and their reaction to the amount of time spent on the board.

Do they have their own message boards they post on, so can see the attraction?
or are they completely bewildered that you spend so much time "chatting" to strangers?
or are they just glad you've got a hobby?
how often do you argue about the amount of time you spend on here?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2005, 11:48 AM
As I said in another thread recently, Miss PJ doesn't know about this place. I suppose it's just something that I selfishly want to keep to myself.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
28-08-2005, 11:48 AM
I live with just my son, who quite frankly sees it as the time when he can watch what he wants on tv or play his playstation till kingdom come!

but sometimes I think he gets a bit fed up with me tip tapping away on the keyboards while he wants to ask me something or do something else.

...and isn't that also one of the great mysteries of children ... they only EVER want your attention when you don't want to give it! (but this is me going off topic in my own topic again!! Blush )

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Mr FFA have an odd set-up what with being in different countries. He says he would never join a forum while he still has pulling power. :blink:

Although he did say the last thing he pulled was an extremely large bar tab. Serves him right:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2005, 11:53 AM
PJ Wrote:As I said in another thread recently, Miss PJ doesn't know about this place. I suppose it's just something that I selfishly want to keep to myself.

she has no inkling at all that we exist PJ?

oooh I feel like your naughty secret! :naughty:

28-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Dolores Wrote:she has no inkling at all that we exist PJ?
I'm not sure - I don't think so. Unless I've spoke about something that happened here before (which I probably have).

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
28-08-2005, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2005 12:13 PM by karenh.)
Mr H knows about the forum and used to be highly suspicious of this place, until one weekend he got drunk, joined the forum and made a few posts. For 48 hours I couldn't get him off the place. And then he left.

This sort of thing is just not his bag. He enjoyed his weekend here, and appreciates the addictiveness of it, but frankly his attention span is too limited to cope.

But now he knows that I'm not having an affair with any of you he's cool about it. So long as i have enough time for him, he's sound.

My friends however....only two of them know. I told one of them myself, and she made it quite clear she thought I was freak. We no longer discuss it. Mr H told another one (thinking she knew about it). Her reaction was encouraging. She took it as a sign that my marriage was in trouble. :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
28-08-2005, 12:30 PM
My wife is a tad curious about what this is all about - but not curious enough to join!

She sometimes looks over my shoulder when I'm posting though!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
28-08-2005, 01:33 PM
My children are cool about it. Miss ils is a forum user so she understands what it is all about and it doesn't seem to bother the boys. They know that they can just talk to me about anything when they want to, whether I am sat at the computer/watching TV or doing anything else.
28-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Mr P tolerates it now, although he still doesn't completely understand my level of activity. Also, he knows he can't stop me doing it. To me, I would rather do this than sit and watch something on telly just for the sake of it. He is a member of his football club supporters' forum, but he goes on for a short time once or twice a day and they only discuss football and their club in particular.

When I first joined (highest point of obsession) he used to lose it with me regularly, but then the computer is in the same room as the telly. He actually watches more of the stuff he wants to watch now, but I can see how the continuous tap tap tap must be extremely irritating. However, every now and again a little gem like "Music in my pants" comes along (big up to my Brum chum) and the whole family can join in. We were wetting ourselves last night and have compiled an extensive list for your future delectation!

I have explained to him that on the whole, the most prolific posters on here are female (no offence to the boys, but their posting is not as prolific is it? With the exception of maybe PJ, Swerve and Dab in his day - those in touch with their feminine side :wink2: ). Women like to chat and some men do too and I think this is the crux of it. Lets face it girls we can waffle; it's just like sitting and having a cyber coffee with friends chatting about everything and nothing in particular.

The kids are secretly fascinated, but I think that's mainly because it's an unknown quantity and they know there's swearing! They tend to follow their father in their disapproval, but I don't think they really mind too much.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do we have any experts/professionals on the board? Dolores 79 5,549 15-06-2007 01:41 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Do you think the name of the board should be updated? Dolores 67 4,319 13-08-2005 07:17 PM
Last Post: Nox
  How do you navigate your way round the board? Dolores 32 2,212 10-08-2005 09:04 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  The Good Old Bad Old Days of the Board! Dolores 45 2,357 28-07-2005 02:19 PM
Last Post: Flyo
  What annoys you about the board? Dolores 121 5,165 10-04-2005 07:00 PM
Last Post: karenh