Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outcry over Saddam aides execution
16-01-2007, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2007 09:30 AM by Slipper.)

The international powers that be are now condemning the execution of Saddams aides even though they were found guilty and everyone knew what the sentence was ultimately going to be.

The Iraqi authorities made every effort to make sure these executions went right but one of the men is decapitated in the process. Unfortunately it was Saddams half brother.

It is said that there was no heckling this time around and that notwithstanding the decapitation it was apparently as dignified as it could be.

BUT

What gets me is why oh why were the men dressed in orange boiler suits. This is the uniform donned by convicts in the US and Guantanemo Bay detainees. This gives the image that this was a US execution. How come Saddam gets to wear his 'street clothes' and yet these two did not.

What is going to be the situation when it's 'Chemical Ali's' turn?

This whole affair is a fiasco and is doing nothing to nutralise the insurgents attitude.

They have also dropped all outstanding charges cited on Saddam Hussain on the basis is has already been executed. Seems logical albeit stating the bleedin' obvious!

PJ - have you sought out the footage for this one yet?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Slipper Wrote:PJ - have you sought out the footage for this one yet?
Yes. I also had a bag of popcorn on the hob and invited all my mates over. We made a night of it.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Saddam is dead La Freak 14 1,965 02-01-2007 06:17 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Saddam sentenced to death! Bella 23 2,368 08-11-2006 09:17 AM
Last Post: littlemissbig