Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlaws
22-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Outlaws

How do you feel about seeing your in-laws at Christmas?

I love them all, and so look forward to everyone telling me what new car they've got, how much money they made last year and what a shame it was about Auntie Maud dying, and did she leave any money?

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Outlaws
Well as Jethro says (on the tv advert) the difference between in-laws and out-laws is............... outlaws are wanted! :laugh:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Outlaws
Dol, that was exactly what went through my mind when I read the title of the thread :laugh:

We did the "out-laws" in October - Mr Q's parents live in France, so we had a few days over there.....then the MIL came over at the end of November for a week to do her Xmas shopping......

As for my parents and family - well, we were planning on waiting till after New Year, but Mr Q said last night, if you fancy going up to surprise your Mum why dont we......but Im not sure yet, yes nice idea, but to be honest, Im looking forward to 10 days off doing begger all!!!!!!! Oh and I dont trust the pesky kids to stay in the house on their own without turning it in to a doss house!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
23-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Outlaws
I don't have this problem anymore as I haven't seen my in-laws for years now.... but luckily when I did they were ok although MIL was always feeding you. The minute breakfast was over, it was time for a mid morning snack etc etc .... it was just too much... You couldn't even have a cup of tea without a sandwich and some crisps on the side :sick:
23-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Outlaws
I am amongst those who have a strained relationship with in laws. MIL and FIL not too bad now, but SILx2 not such good news. But we are polite to each other and that is engough.

I really envy anyone who gets on really well with their partners family.
23-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Outlaws
Sadly Eric's parents are dead, but we do see his sister who lives quite near us - she's good craic - especially after a few baileys!!

my other SIL lives in England, is mad as a hatter, and we're looking forward to seeing her when we go to meet you guys in london in Feb............

bam bam
23-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Outlaws
One of the best things about my husband leaving me was that I don't have to deal with his father and step-mother ever again!

I'm still friends with his Mum though!
23-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Outlaws
I don't mind, they see me all the time anyway so its not a huge deal. This is the day that they all get to laugh at me... some of you may have noticed- Im not that good at suppressing the effects of alcohol *[SIZE=1]hic* I become a bit outrageous!![/SIZE] :drinking:
24-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Outlaws
My MIL is lovely, a larger than life Irish lady who I care for very much, she's 85 now but as strong as an OX. (FIL died over 25 years ago so never met him). Infact all of Mr Cat's brothers and sister are lovely.......just one SIL who dosn't like any of us and causes ill feeling and unrest and is starting to alienate her husband from the rest of his family. It's not nice.

But never mind.
24-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Outlaws
As a sad single parent with no contact with my son's father I don't have any in-laws. Which is a shame cos my son only gets presents from one set of grandparents ....oh don't get me started I'm gonna cry!

Oh great!!! "Do they know it's Christmas time" is on - I am now in full tearful flow and feeling a bit blue ... better perk up before the family arrive!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...