Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over halfway through - who do you think will win?
08-05-2008, 07:54 AM

Now that we're over halfway through the series, we've had some chance to form an opinion of all the remaning contestants. So, based on what you've seen so far, who would you like to win, and who do you predict will win (not necessarily the same thing)? And why?

In previous series, I've usually had a strong idea by this stage of who I think deserves to win (although my choices never actually have won). This year though, I'm stumped. All I do know is that SAR never seems to select the obvious choice - it's always someone unlikely. So basically, its anyone's game.

So, putting my neck on the line:

Who I'd like to win: Raef. Seems like a nice bloke in spite of a slight bit of arrogance. He seems to have a pretty good business sense, and is liked and respected by the other contestants.

Who I think will win: Probably someone like Sara. Like most of the previous winners, she's flown under the radar for most of the series. And also like the previous winners, as yet SAR hasn't hired anyone with her ethnic/social profile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I was thinking about this very subject this morning, Figs. I'm soooo glad the two Jennies have gone. I can't see Sir Alan getting on with Raef, Michael is skating on very thin ice, Sara and Lucinda are too wishy washy, Lee is too annoying and gung-ho and Claire is too argumentative and pushy and I think Sir Alan sees through her. So that only leaves Alex.

I must say, I haven't been particularly impressed with anyone this season. Where are all the characters?
08-05-2008, 10:08 AM
It was a brill episode last night, it was sweet justice when Sir Alan finally saw what Jenny's game was a fired her - Fab moment!

I would like either Raef or Lucinda to win and I think Lucinda will be in the final 3 - although she has been wishy-washy, she done well when she was project manager.

I have this awful feeling that Claire will be in the final and I hope to God that she doesn't win.

I hate the thought of your predictions Patsy, but looking at it, it does make sense but Alex just doesn't cut it for me. He is way too huffy and too much of a back-stabber and he hasn't really done anything to impress me........yet!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2008, 10:43 AM
None of them have! A really poor show all round this year, imo. I get the feeling the programme's producers have gone for conflicting characters rather than any decent amount of business accumen this time round.
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Patsy Wrote:I must say, I haven't been particularly impressed with anyone this season. Where are all the characters?

I know! Its slim pickin's this year, that's for sure. I miss the likes of Ruth "The Badger" and Tre Azam (thought he was brilliant - he made me laugh loads). Even the "villians" aren't as good as the previous ones. Red headed Jenny was not a patch on Katie Hopkins in terms of evilness.
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I agree there are very slim pickings this year and there is no one I even 'love to hate' cos I hate them all - all for very good reasons. There is no one that really stands out as a potential apprentice.

If I really had to choose I would like to see Raef win too, because of all them he seems the most 'likeable' (please note the quote marks)

I would HATE to see claire win cos she is just gobby and loud and annoying.

I nearly jumped for joy when the two jennies got the boot last nght and the fashion with which SAS despatched ginger whinger was brill....
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I think i would like Lee or Raef to win! I still find Alex easy on the eye but his personality is starting to affect it - he is a bit of a whinger and a bit sly..... :glare:

I know you will all shout at what i am about to say, but I quite like Claire :shutup:

I was over the moon that the 2 Jenny's went this week :naughty: I couldnt decide which one i disliked the most to be honest......

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I would like Raef to win. Whilst watching the first show, i thought he was a prize pillock. But since then he has won me around ... and i would like to see him go on and win.

At least if he gets the top job, it means he can continue buying his matching tie / hankerchief combos :laugh:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I would like Raef to win. Whilst watching the first show, i thought he was a prize pillock. But since then he has won me around ... and i would like to see him go on and win.

At least if he gets the top job, it means he can continue buying his matching tie / hankerchief combos :laugh:

I thought the same Bon, but he really proved himself in the laundry task i thought.......he does come out with some great comments too :laugh: :laugh:

I loved it when he said about dressing up as locals this week :laugh: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2008 03:10 PM by PJ.)
I think Claire will win. After tearing into her that time in the boardroom, SAR seems to be warming to her.

I would like Sara to win though, if only to see the others faces after she sticks both middle fingers up at them all due to the way they all rounded on her that time she came back safe from the boardroom.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]