Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over rated artists.
02-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Over rated artists.

Hello Survivors,

I listened time and time again to Katie Meluas first CD and found much to rave about. Some songs on it were lovely.Even though the voice is not great.

Sunday morning however, I listened to a live performance Katie gave of a song from her New CD and not only did I find her guitar playing seriously defective but the singing was terrible. The song also was poorly written and had nothing with a catch or hook in it to render it particularly memorable or humable.

Today, I have heard the rest and I am simply not impressed at all. What the music industry has here is a pretty face and a pleasant natured girl, who cannot sing. I cannot imagine that Mike Batt will recouperate the cost of production from this CD at all. I'd give it 2 out of 10.

Time for Mike to Stop being a sugar Daddy.

What do you think?

Maureen
Northern angel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Over rated artists.
Jamie Cullum :devil:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Over rated artists.
Elton John

Robbie Williams

The Beatles

Dido

Jamie Cullum

All Boy Bands

................to name but a few! :devil:

And re Katie Meluah - all her songs just sound the same, a bit like Dido really!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
03-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Over rated artists.
Bella Wrote:The Beatles

Whoa Bella - the Beatles were the most phenominal group EVER.

Have to agree about Jamie Cullum tho - the bloke is so up himself its not true!
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Over rated artists.
Mariarob, I honestly think that The Beatles were the best that was around at that time but I think they hype towards them is just too much. There are a few songs that I like but they just don't do it for me. And sorry to say but neither did Paul McCartney and John Lennon as solo artists. The Beatles just don't do it for me.

That's just what I think, of course Mariarob but I think there are better bands than The Beatles - Queen, REM, Simple Minds, U2 to name but a few.

03-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Over rated artists.
Craig David
P.Diddy
Peter Andre
Crazy Frog

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Over rated artists.
Bella Wrote:Mariarob, I honestly think that The Beatles were the best that was around at that time but I think they hype towards them is just too much. There are a few songs that I like but they just don't do it for me. And sorry to say but neither did Paul McCartney and John Lennon as solo artists. The Beatles just don't do it for me.

That's just what I think, of course Mariarob but I think there are better bands than The Beatles - Queen, REM, Simple Minds, U2 to name but a few.

Good to see I'm not alone thinking hte Beatles are overrated Bella! I think in their day they were possibly the only thing going, but these days they wouldn't get through the X factor. Thats sad in a way actually, and a bit of a comment that the producers these days look for instant-packaging over talent. Can you imagine Simon Cowell faced with an unknown Beatles? "We have a vocal problem gentlemen......"
04-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Over rated artists.
bridge Wrote:Craig David
P.Diddy
Peter Andre
Crazy Frog

The Crazy Frog is so crap. It wasn't even a frog to begin with! It was something on the internet and they just bought the sound and made it into a frog riding a air-motorbike!
04-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Over rated artists.
I have to smile and shake my head sadly at those who say The Beatles are over-rated!

I think you have to have either have been around at the time or know a bit of the history of the cultural changes that took place in the 60's and a fair amount of that culture change throughout the world ... yes the whole wide blooming world was down to The Beatles.

One reason why people say they are over-rated is cos what they do they do so well that it looks simple ... well it ain't and in cultural terms it was earth shattering and changed some things for ever. I am of course talking culturally and musically ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
04-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Over rated artists.
Dolores Wrote:I think you have to have either have been around at the time or know a bit of the history of the cultural changes that took place in the 60's and a fair amount of that culture change throughout the world ... yes the whole wide blooming world was down to The Beatles.

One reason why people say they are over-rated is cos what they do they do so well that it looks simple ... well it ain't and in cultural terms it was earth shattering and changed some things for ever. I am of course talking culturally and musically ...

Yes, I was but a twinkle in my father's eye at the time the Beatles hit the big time but have liked some of their songs over the years, although you have to admit some of them were pretty cheesy. I am not saying they are crap, I am just not that into them. My mum who was around at the time, didn't get into them either. She was into The Rolling Stones and The Kinks at the time. Not everyone was a Beatles fan, yes what they acheived was fantastic - 4 young guys from Liverpool taking on the world with their music, I just was and never will be a fan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Over rated/Overpaid. Northern angel 2 594 13-10-2005 10:28 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Under rated artists/writers. Northern angel 5 879 11-10-2005 03:17 PM
Last Post: Northern angel