Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overtly Racist Thread
06-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Overtly Racist Thread

If, as looks likely, President Tony is forced to resign over the next few days, is it right that England should exist as a colony of Scotland with an undemocratically elected Scottish Prime Minister, representing a Scottish constituency?

Personally, I have a huge problem with the whole West Lothian issue!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
Groucho Wrote:If, as looks likely, President Tony is forced to resign over the next few days, is it right that England should exist as a colony of Scotland with an undemocratically elected Scottish Prime Minister, representing a Scottish constituency?

Personally, I have a huge problem with the whole West Lothian issue!

you see this is where I kind of go all Homer-ish and say "derr?" ... can you put me down for the two minute racist argument please, Groucho?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
Isn't Tony scottish anyhow?

Bollox to potplants
06-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
I don't know if Tony is Scottish or not but he did attend a Scottish fee-paying school - Fettes.

MR B has said along that Gordon Brown would never sit comfortably as Prime Minister and the reason being that he is Scottish and that Scotland has it's own parliament. Maybe GB could take over from Jack McConnell who is a bit of a patronising git! Should it really matter if GB is Scottish or Welsh though as long he gets the job done?

Also lined up in the frame is another scot John Reid, god forbid he becomes Prime Minister and if all else fails there is always John Prescott! :w00t:

What's the West Lothian issue, Groucho? Dare I admit it but that where my roots started, although I am glad to say that I succeeded in my bid for freedom!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
Bella Wrote:What's the West Lothian issue, Groucho? Dare I admit it but that where my roots started, although I am glad to say that I succeeded in my bid for freedom!
Ah you were brought up in lovely Armadale weren't you? I think it's a lovely wee town...

[COLOR="Silver"]Bella, I was driving through it the other day and all that was going through my head was "duelling banjos" from the movie 'Deliverence'!
Not as bad as Galashiels though.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
06-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
Bella Wrote:What's the West Lothian issue, Groucho?

Basically that Scottish MPs can vote at Westminster on purely English issues, whereas English MPs have no vote in the Scottish Parliament.
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
And am I getting this right that in the last election, if the Scottish votes were taken out of the equation, Blair wouldn't have got into office?

[Image: 429.gif]
06-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Overtly Racist Thread
Are we allowed to be overtly racist generally here? Or is it purely to discuss Groucho's anti Scottish MP rant?
07-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Overtly Racist Thread
PJ Wrote:Ah you were brought up in lovely Armadale weren't you? I think it's a lovely wee town...

[COLOR="Silver"]Bella, I was driving through it the other day and all that was going through my head was "duelling banjos" from the movie 'Deliverence'!
Not as bad as Galashiels though.[/COLOR]

Peej, that is an overtly racist remark against my fellow Appalacian Americans!! I just wanted to let you know that you have succeeded in the thread...:applause:

(and I know you don't include me in that ORR!!...I'd HATE to bring up Cumbernauld!!:wink_kiss )

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
07-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Overtly Racist Thread
Andrea Wrote:And am I getting this right that in the last election, if the Scottish votes were taken out of the equation, Blair wouldn't have got into office?

Labour have a parliamentary majority in England, although the Conservative had more votes.

The way the constituencies are carved up plays into Labours hands as they are weighted towards the big cities, whereas the Tories are strong out in the country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Discipline (Following Schooling thread) Slipper 3 613 20-09-2006 05:27 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Pooooooooooo Thread Seabreeze 26 2,242 18-07-2006 03:43 PM
Last Post: gatubela
  The Real Muslim Cartoon thread gatubela 24 2,285 11-02-2006 06:59 PM
Last Post: gatubela