Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC World Giving Away Free Laptops
19-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Yes, it's true! PC World are giving away a free laptop when you sign up to Orange Broadband for two years. 2mb service £14.99 per month or 8mb £19.99 per month.

It's not the best spec for a laptop - but what do you expect for free. 15.4in widescreen display, Celeron CPU, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD and a DVD rewriter. I guess you could upgrade the RAM.

Anyone tempted?

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2007, 05:29 PM
No...I have my Mac and I love it! :applause:

Still haven't got on line at home yet though Huh Must get around to that!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Coastie Wrote:Still haven't got on line at home yet though Huh Must get around to that!

Yes you must. How can you possibly survive at home without the internets :shocking:
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I was quite shocked when i saw this advertised last night. Unfortunately I already have broadband AND a laptop at home.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Yet another case of "brand new customers only" getting all the good offers, although they all deny this when you challenge them.

Grrrrr..... :angry:
20-07-2007, 03:33 PM
It doesn't seem that good a deal. £360 for a bottom-of-the-range laptop plus two years of broadband. But it's already possible to get free broadband with a phone service (eg Talk Talk, Tiscali).

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
20-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I would discourage anyone from using Tiscali. I changed from Tiscali in March and they still haven't stopped taking money from me. Also, if you have a technical problem, the call centre is in India and some of the operatives are very hard to understand.
20-07-2007, 08:06 PM
My first preference (since I already have my phone with them) is Virgin...

If that fails then BT.

I would prefer wireless broadband but know nothing about any of this sort of thing and am soooo uninterested in anything to do with internet technology that I really can't be fished to find the best provider for me...hence I don't have internet access at home! Huh

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
21-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Coastie if your phone's with Virgin then I'd have thought you could get broadband with them too, for very little extra cost and relatively little hassle.

I'm with Tiscali at the moment. They messed us around a bit at the start, sending us a dodgy modem, but I thought the helpdesk support was pretty good. Got through fairly quickly, had no problems communicating with the Indian operators, and got reasonably good advice.

BT are the very embodiment of evil. Not only is everything they do more expensive than their rivals, but their customer support is diabolical in my experience.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
21-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Coaster - I'm with Virgin because they took over ntl. Just phone them up and they'll sort you out.

The basic broadband will only cost you £10 a month, or you can suss out cable channels as well, or even include your mobile. Apparently you can make bigger savings by having the full broadband/telly/phone/mobile bundle.

Whatever you do though, make sure you get virus protection so you don't fry your computer!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free Energy Saver Lightbulbs Seabreeze 6 1,290 16-02-2008 06:25 PM
Last Post: floopy
  Elvis World Record attempt Haydon_acc2 4 905 29-07-2007 04:16 PM
Last Post: msgirl