Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint-balling
14-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Paint-balling

I'm going paint-balling for the first time on Saturday. I don't really know what to expect to be honest. I am really looking forward to it though.
Anyone here ever been before? Is it sore!?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Paint-balling
Yes, it hurts. You get loads of protective stuff, but it still hurts. The best bit is the overgrown kids (usually 30+ year old men) who actually own their own equipment and watching them getting splattered. Kill one for me, Peej.

The ones I have been to have been very well organised and everything is explained very clearly at the beginning and between sessions.

Take plenty of money with you, though, because the refills are not cheap. Last time I paid £8 for a refill tube.

It's really, really good fun and being fit helps, but is not essential. You'll have a great time, Peej.

Don't do what my friend's sister did; shoot yourself and the foot and then get shot systematically in both temples and sit out the whole day with concussion.
Find all posts by this user
14-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Paint-balling
I have seen the bruises and its not for me. My son has been few times and has always enjoyed it.
14-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Paint-balling
I hope you enjoy it PJ.

My son wants a paintballing party for his next birthday ... I think it will cost a fortune!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Paint-balling
Do what we did, Dol. Pay for the first round for each boy (which came in the price of the party, together with a burger/hot dog) and make it VERY CLEAR on the invitations that they should bring money for further rounds (then watch their sad little faces if they forget and their mates trot off without them). :devil:

We didn't do the last bit, btw, but we did sub a couple of them just a little bit. Well, you have to, don't you?
14-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Paint-balling
I've done this onece, and it is bloody painful if you get whacked.

Good fun though - and I was quite surprised at how I reacted to the different situations:unsure:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
14-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Paint-balling
Is it 1986 again? :unsure:
14-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Paint-balling
For me, it'll always be 1986 Cool

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
15-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Paint-balling
You know, just for the record, we have some hard core paint-ballers around the Northern Hinterlands of Mississippi and I'm afraid it's considered VERY REDNECK!!Huh

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
15-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Paint-balling
Two years ago we were in the Pyrenees and took a walk along a river to a beautiful secluded spot, all huge rocks and trees with the river running through it and pools you could swim in. THe whole area was trashed, the rocks were covered with luminous yellow and pink dye, we weren't sure what it could be, and who could do such a thing, until we realised - paintballers!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paint. Cat 27 1,672 04-08-2005 08:50 PM
Last Post: mazwad