Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pancake Day
08-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Pancake Day

Hoorah, pancake day. :eat:

Wil you be partaking? What's your favourite topping? Will you buy them ready made or make your own? Do you toss? (.......)

Yeah I know it's a relgious festival and so i shouldnt be taking part, but hey, pancakes rule :w00t: .

I'll be lemon juice and sugar-ing, btw.

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Pancake Day
Some people flip, though I'm a tosser myself......(if ever there was a set-up for somebody.....)

I adore pancakes. I'll take just the eight - maybe ten, with a squeeze of the old Jif Lemon and a sprinkling of sugar, fold it up, more Jif Lemon, followed by another sprinkling of sugar - de-lish.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
08-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Pancake Day
somebody had to bite, Woody :naughty:

Bollox to potplants
08-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Pancake Day
Now I've forgotten how to make pancakes. Anybody got an easy recipe for me... one that works, not one that gets all the mixture stuck to the bottom!!

I love pancakes with vanilla ice-cream in the middle, a bit of cinnamon and sugar sprinkled and then some honey or golden syrup over....mmmmmmmm :w00t: all rolled up. My mouth is literally watering, Im a sucker for food!

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Pancake Day
as the Tosser said above I love them with sugar and lemon
I make my own and I always toss which makes me a tosser to
I once put to much oil in the pan and when I tossed it the oil ran down the handle on to my hand then the pancake landed on it just to make sure

I have just looked and don't have the scar anymore Which is good

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Pancake Day
I'd actually forgotten it was pancake day.

But the other week, Aunt Bessie's pancakes were on offer in Morrisons, so I'll be pulling them out of the freezer later on.
Although my kids don't like them, I love them, with lemon and sugar on.:eat:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Pancake Day
Actually an easy way to have pancakes (well kind of) after a sunday roast, is to eat any left over yorkshire puddings with sugar on, yummy.

We always used to do that as kids. Mum always had to make double the amount of yorkies so we could have them after dinner.

[Image: 429.gif]
08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Pancake Day
Well I made 23 last night in readiness for today, the boys had 4 each for breakfast and I had 2 and Mr F had one. So that leaves how many for tea??

Claire - just a normal yorkshire pudding batter will suffice, but 1 egg + 4 ozs plain flour + milk - whisk to a fairly sloppy consistency.

Heat a non-stick pan up on quite a high heat, put a teensy bit of butter/oil/marg into the bottom and then chuck a bit of pancake mix in - I always throw my first away - as it is sort of just getting used to the pan and getting the pan to the right temp.

After that only put the teensiest bit of butter in every 3 or 4 pancakes, pour a small amount into the pan, and swill it around as much as you can, allow it to cook for a minute or 2, edge up the edges with a palate knife or fish slice and turn it over, allow the second side to cook for slightly less than the first side, as it is already cooked through - you just need to brown the second side.

I make tons at a time, and freeze them or put them in the fridge for later - and it is so easy just to heat a frying pan up, NO BUTTER needed, and fling them in momentarily to heat them through - or chuck em in the microwave for a few seconds each.

OH and I am a sugar and lemon girl!!

And I neither toss nor flip - I gently turn! I can toss if I want - but they I treat all food with respect and tossing them to the heavens is courting disaster!!!:shocking:
08-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Pancake Day
Andrea Wrote:I'd actually forgotten it was pancake day.

That's because miss ils is not here to remind me Sad

The boys aren't over fussed and neither am I, so I think we will probably give them a miss this year!
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Pancake Day
I had forgotten too and it wasn't until Judy from the Tweenies was reading a pancake story that it suddenly dawned on me, so we will be having pancakes for pudding with syrup and bananas!!

Claire - easy peesy pancake recipe:

4 oz (110 g) plain flour

pinch of salt

2 large eggs

7 fl oz (200 ml) milk mixed with 3 fl oz (75 ml) water

2 oz (50 g) butter

Sift flour, break in eggs, whisk, pour in milk a little at time to get the batter, melt butter in pan (see Flip's post) for cooking and you have pancakes. I put the timer on and cook one side for about a minute and the other for about 20/30 secs. I sometimes add a wee bit of bircarbonate of soda and a splodge of sunflower oil, don't ask me why it was in one recipe I had and I still do it sometimes.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pancake Day Bonsai 44 3,856 03-03-2006 05:22 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy