Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pantomime
09-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Pantomime

Just wondered if anybody was going to see a pantomime this year - normally I love working on them but don't really enjoy seeing them - but a friend of mine is in Mother Goose - playing a goose! - at Haddo House - so I'm off to see her in that this afternoon.

Mercifully it starts at five - and is finished by half past six!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Pantomime
I used to drag my grandson to them when he was little, just because I wanted to go but by the time he could string a sentence together he was pronouncing them all cr@p except one production of Peter Pan where at the age of about 5 he fell in love with Wendy Big Grin I had to buy a program so he could gaze at her picture .. aaah. He's 14 now so no chance. Hmmm, I wonder if my little grandaughters are willing Big Grin
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Pantomime
We are going to see Dick Whittington at the Derngate in Northampton in New Years Eve. Julian Clary is starring and I do think he is quite funny, so I am looking forward to it.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Pantomime
Can't stand pantomimes, but have done Wizard of Oz now, I would love to do one.

I took the kids to see one once and, thankfully, they weren't keen.
09-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Pantomime
Wasn't too bad in the end - but then I knew a fair number of the cast - and it was only an hour and a half long :thumbsup:

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
10-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Pantomime
I think this is the first year in a long time (since my son was about 3 ... he's 13 soon) that my mum hasn't booked a pantomime for us to go and see ... I shall miss it this year I have to admit.

Best of panto included the fabulous and talented Mr Brian Conly, the worst of the worst of the worst of teh most terrible included the god-awful Mr Jim Davidson - what a complete and utter amatuer and **** he really really was - a more unprofessional performance on stage I have yet to witness.
10-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Pantomime
I went to panto every year for a while then got out of the habit...well that and the fact Mama Coastie doesn't go with the deaf club anymore and get reduced tickets to the signed peformances:unsure:

Like Dol the best was Cinderella with Brian Conley as Buttons...that was at the Mayflower....

Mama Coastie interpreted Peter Pan and...erm...another one at Thorngate Hall...she was great and it was all fun and myself and my neice who was 6 at the time got to go back stage and meet Rhino from Gladiator...I don't know who was more excited! :laugh:

I love any stage performance really...esspecially when it's obvious the performers are giving it their all!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Pantomime
Coastie Wrote:Mama Coastie interpreted Peter Pan and...erm...another one at Thorngate Hall...

kudos to your mum Coastie! I have sat through two pantomime productions at Thorngate Hall. They were both absolutely unutterably awful - they were so awful they werent' even "funny awful" just AWFUL!
10-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Pantomime
Daughter used to drag me along to them every year because Jonathon Morris was in them. She sort of knows him. Thankfully he hasn`t been in them the last couple of years, same old jokes every year
11-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Pantomime
Aw, I reallt want to go to one this year, but there's nothing much on. We wanted to go to CBeebies live, but Gigi's just had chicken pox and if Eddie gets it we've worked out he's going to get it on the 23rd - the day of the CBeebies show at Wembley :sad:

Bollox to potplants